Between the Buried and Me

Travis said:
Holy shit, what the fuck.

To say that they sound exactly like every other hardcore/metalcore band is exactly why I hate narrow minded fucking people. First of all, uhh, no, they don't. Their album Alaska is so fuckin' creative, I wouldn't even say there's one generic breakdown on Alaska. Infact, I don't even consider BTBAM a metalcore band at all. Yeah, they have clean parts in their songs...does that make them metalcore? There is so much that went into that music, such a wide variety of influences, how can you even compare them to a "metalcore" band such as Shadows Fall or All that Remains? Parts of the first album might pass as metalcore, but anymore, no. They have their own metal sound now, to say they are any kind of -core is, in my opinion, retarded. And no, I'm not defending Victory records here, either. Honestly, BTBAM is the only band I've heard that I enjoy on that label. But seriously, anyone who says they sound just like every other band needs to actually listen to the music.

And just curious, not getting offensive here or anything, but Thraxz, you said you say them live and they sucked. Um, what sucked about them? I saw them live too and I can safely say they are one of tightest bands I've seen up there with Trans Siberian Orchestra. I didn't hear one mistake, and it was a very powerful performance.
-Travis

I basically agree with everything in this post.. now I don't have to explain myself :)

If you put a new band name on some of their tunes and let some of the naysayers listen, they would like it, they mainly hate the "name" I am guessing (or just haven't really listened enough to the band to know what they're talking about).

If this is the band I am thinking of (I just checked and it is) the tune Alaska is freaking awesome. So is the tune Selkies: The Endless Obsession. I dare say some sort of Extreme laced Prog Metal at times, which a couple of the tunes on this album could fall under. Definitely not a band to lump in with some of the other emo-esque stuff or whatever you want to call it. Good stuff.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
BTBAM=Dream Theather+Cannibal Corpse+Tool+The Red Chord
Not exactly shit, more like :kickass:

Wow... the last three suck and the first is passable. No wonder they suck.

what is between the buried in me that sounds rly deep

edit: i mean rly what is between the buried and us all :eek:

Thraxz, your whole argument failed when you called BTBAM 'cohesive,' which they are not by any means, sprawling all over the place with zany and annoyingly jumpy (albeit still cool) song structure.

And they rule. "Selkies: The Endless Obsession" I touch myself to.