BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

So what exactly do they sound like now? I bought their first cd a few years ago and I didnt like it cause it was basically metalcore and inhales. I heard the song mordecai off their second album and I didnt like that much either. Have they dropped the inhale vocals and mediocre screams?

Every album gets better - Colors tops Alaska. Had the album for about 2 weeks now and I've listened to it at least 8-9 times. It's too bad BTBAM became somewhat of a scenester band. Hardcore edge fucks jock the shit out of them :erk:

Just got Colors :OMG:this album is incredible! nice to see them finally fulfill their potential.

I've only heard Alaska. Selkies is an awesome song (aside from the bursts of hardcore shit) and the guitarist is quite good. If they dropped the metalcore screams and riffing, then they would be that much better.

I had Alaska and thought it was ok but was missing something but this new record is a step forward.

It kicks all kinds of testicles, ovaries and hermaprodites.

This album is a 64 minutes hardcore/death/epic/smooth jazz/ prog/ tech metal and everything in between masterpiece.

It was concieved as one song BTW but the record company forced them to separate tracks.

The more you listen to it , the more you discover cool things about it.

THE surprise of 2007 for me.

Didn't excpect that from them.

The metalcore tag would be an insult now when talking about BTBAM.

heard a bit of their stuff, haven't heard this one. from the stuff ive heard, its disappointed me, not because its awful but because i've seen a lot of wasted potential in it. what i mean is, a brilliant passage in a song will be ruined with a pointless "heavy for the sake of it" piece of crap metalcore passage to follow. IMHO.

if this new album is more of the good and less of the bad ill definately be interested.

okay, just heard suns of nothing on their myspace. obviously nothing has changed, the first half of the song sounded like mr bungle had bred with a hardcore band. if they cut that track in half and kept the 2nd part it would have been really good.

they are definitely a band that is more interesting than a lot of the new shitty metal bands coming out, they are trying hard to push the boundries with diversity, epicness, and creativity.