Between The Buried And Me

DeathRattle12

Jan 16, 2009
are there any fans out there? I love this band, have for quite some time. Although they aren't, i think they could fool some people into making them think they're a death metal band, their first album is great, so are all but about one, The Anatomy Of.. kind of sux being that its a cover album. But they're pretty heavy and the vocals are pretty damn indecipherable.

I saw these guys live with Opeth and DT, they were energetic and fun. However I've enjoyed myself at pop-punk concerts when I'm drunk enough so I dunno if that says too much about them

I quite enjoy this band, especially "Colors" and select songs from "Silent Circus" and "Alaska". I feel like they try too hard to be weird sometimes, but they're clearly making exactly the music they want to be making, and that's respectable in and of itself (especially considering their fucking shitty record label).

I think they're the type of band that it's best to give 'em a few dedicated listens to determine how you feel about 'em, vs. just listening for two minutes and calling it a day.

I was really disappointed that they made that cover album The Anatomy Of.. though, i kind of take them less serious after that, but you're correct steve, i think they are very good. but i can see where they try to hard. One thing i like about them though, is that they have some really long songs, up in the 13 minutes sometimes, it either shows that they can bullshit their way through a record or that they actually are talented enough to pull it off.

I love them, tbh. Very, very good progressive metalcore.

I only own Alaska, the cover album, and Colors though. Alaska's my favorite.

I have Colors, and their first album. I liked their first album when I got it, before I had really defined my tastes, but now thats Ive moved away from that kinda stuff it sounds like shit to me. I enjoy Colors a little more everytime I listen to it I think, it seems they are trying to move away from the "scene" sound they kinda had before, they are definitely evolving, and I like it. I've heard a few songs off albums in between the first and last and I like some but not all of them. I dont think one can argue that they arent talented musicians even if you dont like them, tehy are very good.

Never listened to them before. Listening to "Colors" right now. Good so far with the piano, as I'm a sucker for pianos.

EDIT: UGH vocals...

Ya, the vocals are one thing Im not really happy about wiht them, I mean they're ok, but tehy just dont seem "strong" enough for the music.

I've listened to these guys for a few years freaking love them. While colours is a sick album i still cant get enough of Alaska. I definitely cant STAND their singing parts though i think there a line in one of their songs that goes something like "The lovely love of the love of my life..." so gay, but their heavy parts are awesome lol.