BFD Joe Barresi/Andy Johns Extensions

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
As an avid DFH and DFHS user (always bought them immediately when they came out and have worked with them extensively), I have never been impressed with BFD so far, but currently there are a number of guys raving about the Andy Johns and Joe Barresi sample packs for BFD.

Any of you guys use or have any experience with those packs?

All I have heard from those packs is the demos on the platinum samples website. You can listen and let us know what you think. We will be making Steven Slate Drums 2.0 for BFD2 soon.

Thanks for your interest in our packs which have full BFD multitracked drums with as many as 250 velocity levels for ultimate playabilty... and created under license from FXpansion.

https://www.platinumsamples.com/JoeBarresi.html

Recorded in the actual rooms used by Nirvana, NIN, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Tom Petty, Weezer, QOTSA, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, ....

"Platinum Samples is synonymous with quality. Beautifully recorded, with ultimate flexibilty no kit need ever sound the same. Add to this the secret techniques of Evil Joe Barresi and drummers who suck should beware." - Atticus Ross (NIN, Korn)

"I love the detail and realism of the Platinum Samples drums. They are a perfect balance between sounding raw and natural and having the color and texture that only comes from a world-class engineer using the best drums, room, and recording equipment. Never before has it been this easy to get such cool and inspiring drum sounds. Highly recommended." - Steve MacMillan (Seal, Kelly Clarkson)

The demos were programmed in BFD using Pro Tools and a MIDI keyboard with no additional EQ or compression.

Thanks,

Rail