Bias & Bias FX - multiple mics possible?

NeonMetalDude

Feb 2, 2016
I'm demoing these 2 plugins and I'm wondering whether it's possible to add to mics to a single cabinet, or at least use 2 cabinets for the same amp. Or do I need to simply set up 2 separate channels when I want to use 2 different mics at once?

Thanks for any answers in advance!

I'm demoing these 2 plugins and I'm wondering whether it's possible to add to mics to a single cabinet, or at least use 2 cabinets for the same amp. Or do I need to simply set up 2 separate channels when I want to use 2 different mics at once?

Thanks for any answers in advance!
Yes you need to set it up in dual mode with identical amps and cabs then use different mics on each. I can't think of a way to have 2 cabs from one amp apart from the above method. You could turn off the cab in global settings and use another cab sim or impulse response loader after bias in your daw, I often do this and use lepous most excellent one where you can have up to 6 cabs.

Reactions: NeonMetalDude
Thanks man. A bit disappointing that they wouldn't implement multiple mics as a feature for an amp sim :( .

Also, it's been a while since I've posted that and I've done a shootout of amp sim VSTs in the meantime and compared similar sounds and to my surprise, I ended liking Guitar Rig the most. Go figure.