Bias Desktop test

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal
I've been messing with this thing and while it seems that are a lot of potential in this software, almost all the tones that I dialed, had some kind of over saturarion/compression in it that I particulary dont like and there is a thing that´s annoying as hell, why cant I simply remove things in the chain that I dont like or use? like preamp, transformers, compressor. It´s quite ridiculous.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1457645/syn 3.mp3

Anyway I tried something usable of it. I need to look deeper into this because I only lost a few hours on it!lol

Yeah, what you are describing is definitely what I am hearing too.

The guitars sound really grainy and are really unpleasing to the ear (the highs specifically). Sounds almost like a modern Pantera guitar tone which may be good for certain applications like 10% of the time, haha.

I still haven't heard a BIAS tone that I particularly liked, but to each their own!

Yeah, what you are describing is definitely what I am hearing too.

The guitars sound really grainy and are really unpleasing to the ear (the highs specifically). Sounds almost like a modern Pantera guitar tone which may be good for certain applications like 10% of the time, haha.

I still haven't heard a BIAS tone that I particularly liked, but to each their own!

Yeah not a very good tone indeed. The grainy guitars might be of the combination guitar/pickups than the software itself or the mix, While de duncan distortion sounds great with a real amp, it´s always a pain in the ass to fit in a mix.

I already heard good tones but that saturation/compression it´s annoying.

Here's one of the tones I was able to create.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14477201/Lammert_Mago_Tone_Tester3.mp3

EDIT:
My low pass and high pass weren't on properly! Should sound a bit more tame now. Do you hear the compression in this one too?

Not bad but lacks clarity and yes it has that kind of over saturation in the tone. Almost too tight!lol if that makes sense.