Biff Byford 93rd best metal vocalist??!!!!

I understand what you are saying Wilks, and YES i know quite a lot of Metal bands have been influenced by Led Zep.
But i agree with Valanex about Priest to a point, but i still think sabbath were the first leather clad metal band.
The first priest album (rocka rolla) wasn't very good (or very metal realy) and that wasn't recorded until about 1974. . .

No power metal aint shite.Its just that it seems devoid of passion and emotion.Maybe im just old and dont get it.:lol:

LOL Well, there is 2 types of power metal. The brutal type that started in places like Brazil (which i dont like), and the more melodic type that started off in Germany (which i love)
As for Dragonforce i think there pretty good, but they are getting a bit samey, so i hope the next album will have a bit more variety of songs???
I still like the fact that most of the songs they do are really fast :headbang:

In a way, power metal is very good, but I think that in order to like that type of metal, you also need to like fantasy literature, hehe, and all the other stuff a typical power metal fan likes. :)

Dragonforce :puke: C'mon, those nintendo-solos! :yuk:

:p

So what is power metal is just a new name for what i called thrash.Are any of these bands classed as power metal.Artillery,Kreator,Voivod,Razor,Overkill.

Aaaaaagh NO!! Thats the Brutal power metal i Hate!!

I mean bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray, Dragonforce, Iron Saviour, Power Quest e.t.c.....
There much more melodic, but still have lots of double base drumming, and they do some really fast songs. But its not thrash, i would not listen to it if it was...

Best TEN overall through time.

Daltrey (quadrophenia is heavy as hell for it time)
Dicknson
Dio
Halford
Lee
Ozzy
Scott/Johnson (I Know)
Byford
Gillan
Hetfield

Best TEN current

Halford
Dickinson
Dio
Byford
Lee
Johnson
Mikael Akerfeldt
Tankian
Anselmo
Mustaine

Best TEN voice the band would die without

Lee
Rose
Byford (look at O/D saxon haha)
Arraya
Kilminster
Reznor
Daltrey
Cooper
Hetfield
Byford (deserves anothe mention to top the poll???)

have fun boys and girls

Reactions: valanx
So just picking a few selections from the list:

Plant at #1?
Chris Cornell above Freddie Mercury?
Ozzy above Dio?
Axl Rose above Geoff Tate?
Kurt Cobain above Klaus Meine?
Udo Dirkschneider above, well anyone
Amy Lee above Ann Wilson?
Pete Steele above Joe Lynn Turner?
Dani Filth above Tim "Ripper" Owens?

It's pretty clear this list is just meanless bollocks written by someone without a clue...