Big NAtural Drums...heavy/alternative/rock..female Vox..Recto Goodness

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
hey...
just working on this one...it's FAR from being finished, I've just sat 2 hours on it and have to do tons of automation, effects, some leveling, wanna do something about the vox etc.

... I wanted to share the first roughmix anyways

EIT: final version
how's this style called?

reference given is
"story of the year" - message to the world

as I said, it's very rough, I know the vox aren't sitting right and it's pumping etc

wow...i wish my final mixes sound as your rough ones...

could you tell me what did you use for the bass? i like it very much

cant wait to hear the final version >.<

The mix is great. The drum sound is rockin' (where did you record it?) Give us details Sir. Lammert!

I will say that singer is kinda ruining it for me, she should stick with Cindy Lauper covers.

Lasse are her vox tuned? Awesome mix just her voice seems way out of tune and not blending in with the song. If you can somehow make her vocals sit better and tune her lol. Otherwise great mix!

I'm not digging these guitars as much as usual lasse, but these drums sound gorgeous!
What snare is this, sounds so chunky and thick and nom nom nom nom :D

lasse.. it sounds amazing i love the drums wow is it possible to upload the kick and snare sample with the automation as it is:Smokin:

Already a lot better mix vocally. But still here and there tuning seems a bit off and in the verses seem like her timing is pretty off? (But that might be just me) Maybe if you have time lol you can match it up a bit to the drums. But the way you already have it sitting in the mix so much better than yesterday...you did a great job!!! Obviosuly still needs a little bit more but compared to yesterday wow! Any chance you can share what you did to the vocals to make them blend?

hmm music reminds me one Soil song: ;P there is something similar in both songs

edit: ok, only first riff lol, nvm:D

Last edited by a moderator: