poppunk? dunno. Real Drums, Recto+Marshall (this is from the drumworkshop)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
here btw is the very first roughmix of the song that belongs to the drums I posted in the other thread.

it's far from being finished...I have to do lots with/to the vox, wanna change something about the guits etc....
anyway, here's the first version:

Melodie

it's not my band, so it's no use telling me if you don't like the singer or song...unless it's the section between 1:24-2:02, cause that's what I added to the song ;)

Right off the bat, those rhythm gtr chugs sound way too stacatto/unnatural to me, maybe let them bleed more? They sound fine at the end of the chorus when it does the same kind of chord-stabs.

I really dig it... guitars sound a bit too metal for my tastes, but I really dig the bass tone and drums quite a bit. Vocals sit well without being overbearing, and everything gels really well!

+1 to everything Jeff said pretty much. Sounds good overall, good work!

Thanks.
I actually dif the guitarsound,
we were shooting for blink182 meets numetal soundwise (guitars).
I used the Recto without a boost mainly and brought in the 2203 for some dirt in the chorusses.
I do see the problem with those stabs though..I'll perhaps "un-edit" that a bit ;)

The Bass is just my ESP Bass into Sansamp PSA1 man, I love that thing.
I'm also quite happy with how the drums turned out...so happy I bought that kit.
I still have to do tons of automation etc I think, but cool to hear that I'm on the right way

Lasse, these drums sound wicked man! I like how everything sounds on the fills...it is really nice to hear something sound completely natural for a change, like it was played by a person.

The guitar tone sounds nice and full but still has a lot of the high end character that you would want in a tone/band/song like this.

Great job man. :)

soudnwise, its really good overall,

very very good guitar sound !

for my taste, the drums could need a little more dimension / depth
sounds a little boxy or recorded in a small room (which it was as i remember? ;-)

maybe a little plate could help.

totally love kick / toms

great job

soudnwise, its really good overall,

very very good guitar sound !

for my taste, the drums could need a little more dimension / depth
sounds a little boxy or recorded in a small room (which it was as i remember? ;-)

maybe a little plate could help.

totally love kick / toms

great job

yeah,. I've got really little room/ambience on it, will increae that later in the mix I guess