finished mix (5150+Recto)

I'd like to comment something that maybe is intended: there's some strange panning to the right in the vox between min 2:26 and 2:36. It feels too much weight in the right at that point.

I'm not a professional and maybe I'm wrong but it just sounded weird to me. The mix sounds very balanced anyway. I dig the drums specially, guitar tone is also :kickass:

nah, it's the v30 that pretty much record themselves (in combination with a 57)

Yea, it's all about tossing the mic from a distance and hit record. As long as the mic lands and still stands up, the sound is automatically great! Haha... yeaaa.. :)

On a more serious note, it sounds great, I like the production. Not too "super polished modern ultra production" but still enough so that it is in the "upper league".

I know you don't want us commenting any member of the band but I hate the singer's voice :S Just had to say it man, sorry :p That part with the "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, thought I was the leader... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII bla bla bla bla, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII", those IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIs could really need a scream or some shit, it just sounds retarded alone :D

Edit: And yes, I'm aware it's too late to change now. Still fun to whine/rant!

damn, your vox reminded me Frexon Zoo from Raleigh, NC, but a bit more clear sound over all.

this is my drumbooth.
800-DIN_4739_350.jpg

it's not totally dead but has a very short but very even RT60
I don't have good pictures of the live room, but it's got a wood floor and lots of angles etc.
for metal I'm usually using the booth only but I am taking the samples in the live room, that way I sometimes combine the real drums with samples of the room.

I'll try to make some pics of the mic placement, but I think it'll be difficult to see much because I still have the grill-cloth on the cab (have tried it before)