Big Testament Festival

Officer Nice

Masshole
Oct 7, 2002
It would be awesome to have a giant Testament Festival at the Oakland
Arena. Like Day on the Greens were back in the day.

The TestMetalFest 2004.

My vision tells me Testament would headline outdoors at night
and all the awesome bands are there too like Exodus VioLence and Slayer
and Soilwork and Nevermore and Haunted and the such....
Machine Head too....

Big outdoor pits on grass and cups full of beer......mmm..

\m/

Officer NyQuil. The Giant Fucking Q is coming down to steal your mind.

Hey, I'll offer to be the guy to sell the hot dogs and 'other paraphernalia' -- the only problem is I'll start with 12 beers, and come back empty, having only sold 6...

Not even the Dog Faced God can make that pathetic pile of Gothenturd mellow-death any good. They're even worse than In Flames...only good thing they did was their first album (well, second was listenable), whereas IF managed to put out a few bits of goodness before getting run over by the Suck Train.

I repeat, OVER-FUCKING-KILL. Who needs Soilwork when you have thrash veterans like those guys? Shit, if you want death metal on the bill, get Amon Amarth or some of the Stockholm guys like Dismember.

I mean, it's not like I wouldn't go to this imaginary festival if Soilwork was on the bill. But there are so many better bands out there.

Yeah, he got all those guys together, but he had to get cancer to do it. Not a good plan.

Soilwork is melodic death metal (melodeath), part of the big Swedish movement that also included In Flames, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, etc.

I didn't see the performance...it was an exaggeration, I guess, but I seriously doubt that even Chuck's vocals can improve that song.

You don't dig Overkill? Shame on you.