Biked from Toronto to Niagara Falls in one day (160 km)

40km march on foot in a day with 90lb backpack, an assaultrifle and a pistol. Gotta love the military.

Man, that's rough. Walking/running for me is way worse than biking. I was remarking to my buddy Dave while on our trip that I imagined this is what being at war would be like. Your body just wants to give up, but you have to keep going or you die. Haha serious exaggeration for us I think, but it kind of felt that way...

Very nice indeed. I doubt i could manage 20 miles now without feeling phased. Need to get back into that shit- maybe a bike upgrade might sort that out lol.

Who is the gooner btw?

I'm in the Arsenal trainer. I'm actually a bit of a shape shifter when it comes to football- I have a Liverpool jacket too which I wear more frequently haha. The one thing I don't waiver is on is my support of England at the World Cup. :)

Has anyone ever broken parts while on a long ride before? My back wheel/ chain/ deraillure all died last time I was out... I was 10 miles from home, with no phone signal :lol: Luckily I knew someone in the village so we got my friends dad to come pick us up... he was not impressed.

I've had punctures 15 miles from home before as well, took me ages to repair by the roadside.

Funny you should mention that. On my ride we didn't have any problems at all BUT we did pass two poor old women, probably in their late 50s/early 60s (very fit though) who had blown a flat in the middle of nowhere. The flagged us down and wanted to know if we could help but we didn't have tubes to fit their broken bike. I think they said they had called a cab, but they couldn't call their husbands to help them since their husbands had told them to make sure that their bikes were in good working order before they left, haha. We probably biked another hour or so before we hit the next small town.

It's something I've planned for a long time :) At first, I'm going to bicycle from the northernmost point of Finland to the southernmost point (1250 km), and then one day from my hometown to Lisbon, Portugal and back (9000 km) :)

So far the longest trip has been in the military: 180 km bicycle march over two days in one of the most mountaineous parts of Finland. It was quite fun, even with the not-so-hot bicycles...

I did "styrkeprøven" (test of strenght) here in norway once. Never again.
Just over 500km between Trondheim and Oslo. The best riders did it in 19hours.... No, I won't say how long it took me.

Ouch! haha, I've bent wheels, snapped rear deraillures and all sorts, never my forks though :lol: What happened?

Ouch! haha, I've bent wheels, snapped rear deraillures and all sorts, never my forks though :lol: What happened?

I was lucky not hitting the blacktop head first: flipped over the handlebars while the forks collapsed and crashed on my back, sliding several meters over the blacktop (in shirt and shorts :ill:) and being run over by my own bike (well, the remains haha).

Carrying the wreck that was my bike back home the last kilometres, all rashed up, was way worse than the actual crash. :lol:

Very cool man.

"Originally Posted by Joematthews
Has anyone ever broken parts while on a long ride before?"

I used to do a lot of mountain biking. I ate it really bad about 10 miles into the trail and had to walk with my bike (2 flats and broken chain) the 10 miles back with a dislocated shoulder and deep cuts everywhere. Totally sucked.

I looked at the map, D:'d, and was about to post "You guys have some BIG fucking lakes where you live"

Then I zoomed out a bit and doublefacepalmed at myself. :lol:

Congrats though, man! How much water did ya go through? :lol: