Biomechanical CD review in Terrorizer

Bloodstock

Sep 9, 2002
www.bloodstock.uk.com
TERRORIZER REVIEW – October 2003.

BIOMECHANICAL
Eight Moons

Though it is disappointing when one "side " of an album is vastly better than the other, the opening side of Biomechanical’s "debut" is such a dynamite collection of songs that, considering the bands embryonic stage, where they go wrong becomes insignificant; its just a pleasure to sit back and hear a British power-prog outfit get it this right. Many of you will doubtless know the likes of "The Awakening", "Do You Know Me" and " In the Core of Darkness"; this release of ‘Eight Moons’ is the original recording promoted via the first side released as the ‘Distorted’ demo. It’s a pity the full length doesn’t evidence a band who can do no wrong; but the progress Biomechanical have already made in terms of their songwriting, and the cohesion of their sound and performance is comparable to what most bands only manage after a record or two with a label, these days.

Suspended between Nevermore and Dream Theater, Biomechanical are surely the greatest new UK band of their kind. Here’s looking forward to the debut proper.

8/10 Paul Schwartz - Terrorizer

BIOMECHANICAL ON TOUR

BLOODSTOCK ON THE ROAD featuring
BIOMECHANICAL, FOURWAYKILL and INFOBIA

22nd October 2003 Bierkeller Manchester
23rd October 2003 Abracaddabra’s Burton On Trent
24th October 2003 Edwards No 8 Birmingham
25th October 2003 Junktion 7 Nottingham
27th October 2003 Fleece and Firkin Bristol
30th October 2003 Camden Underworld London
8th November 2003 Whiplash - Bar Hannah Liverpool

Details are at www.bloodstock.uk.com/ontheroad/index.html

terr_advert2.jpg

Its a shame that the geezer had to put 'its disappointing' in the first line of the review, but at least the rest is fucking awesome.
As far as I'm concerned, 'eight moons' is the best album of the year so far, and I can't wait for the Camden gig (four way kill also rule).

Has any one else bought the album yet?? opinions??

Joan said:
As far as I'm concerned, 'eight moons' is the best album of the year so far, and I can't wait for the Camden gig (four way kill also rule).

Has any one else bought the album yet?? opinions??

I bought 8 moons last year at Bloodstock and it is a very strong piece.

As for the tour make sure that you check out Infobia. I personally think they're the strongest band on the bill.

Eagle, definately looking foward to seeing Infobia, I've heard very great things. got to check out Four way Kill at B'stock n thought they were pulverising...should be a really good tour!