Bjork

She's massively talented, but often annoying and retarded. She released much more bad albums than good albums imo. That being said, Vespertine is one of my top 10/20 favorite albums ever, because it's totally wondeful.

Björk is great! One of my all-time favourites. Although I can understand people that find her annoying. Her childish voice and extreme extravagance are not everybody's cup of tea. She's definitely extremely innovative.

Vespertine is probably also my favourite Björk album, with Post being second. Hyperballad is such a great song. Medùlla is a great experiment although hard to bear with at times. I didn't like Volta much at first, but it's slowly growing on me.

Selmasongs, the soundtrack to Dancer in the Dark, is also overwhelming. I have it since years but I watched the movie only recently. It is a great movie but completely merciless with the audience. And after watching it, listening to the music alone is even more intense.

amazing musician. wonderful voice, lyrics and melodies. one of the most unique and innovate artists there are without feeling awkward.

my fav cds are probably homogenic and medùlla closely followed by vespertine. Debut and Volta are imo her weakest cds, although that doesnt say much.

^
was actually watching dancer in the dark the other day, I had to stop after just 10 mins cuz I felt so bad for some reason. gna pick it up soon again.

I might be captain obvious/someone who doesnt understand sarcasm or jokes in general/possibly just retarded. but you do realize shes from iceland, right? and yea björk is also a swedish word.

here comes some björk music to check out btw:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-Jmos10dg&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v15WZiCOOiM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
was actually watching dancer in the dark the other day, I had to stop after just 10 mins cuz I felt so bad for some reason. gna pick it up soon again.

if you felt bad after 10 minutes already, you should better not watch it. chances are you'll be wanting to commit suicide if you watch it to the end.

I don't really "get" Volta, but other than that she's solid greatness. Especially Debut, Post, Vespertine. Her style was at one time original and fresh. It was decidedly different and that was intriguing. I suppose that's where Volta comes in... but her latest might be too different for my liking.

+1 on Pagan Poetry.

One of my friends (a girl) discovered Bjork and all of suddent completly changed. That was so radical. She was such a deep fan, she had a big "b" tattooed on her arm and planned to go live in Iceland. I personally like it, but it's mainly because I just haven't payed enough attention.

Bjork is too creepy for me to enjoy.

I always thought she was a bit... weird. But then I got that DVD that has music videos for Squarepusher and Aphex Twin, and Bjork had a video on that DVD as well. That sealed it for me: she is too motherfucking creepy.

Something about robot sex. *shivers*

When I hear her music I can't shake the feeling that pedophiles all over the world are jacking it to her videos. It's just too much to overcome.