BLA-modded 003R or RME Fireface?

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Well, I thought I had made up my mind on getting the RME Fireface...until I saw the thread on here a few days ago about this modding company:

http://www.blacklionaudio.com/digi003_mod.html

So now that I see the potential to make the 003R actually competitive, do you think that the $525 "HD package" would bring its pres and converters up to snuff with the Fireface? Cuz if so, having that PT compatibility would definitely edge the 003R ahead. Thanks!

Well I do wanna use PT, but if it comes down to better pres/converters or PT, I'll go with the superior hardware in a hot second - however, if the BLA mod made the 003R close to the quality of the Fireface, then I could have my cake and eat it too, so to speak

yea thats the bonus is you don't have to run protools software but always can if needed and you can run your favivorite program :heh:

Yea i would email or call Black Lion Audio and speak with them on phone and im sure he can tell you if those converters compare or shoot there probly beter. But there def the guys to ask that question as i can never compare and ive only owened digidesign hardware in the past.....