Black/Clean Vocals or Black/Doom Bands

Triton

In Solitude
Apr 30, 2007
Ontario, Canada
So, give me recommendations on bands which use both Black and Clean vocals or Black/Doom bands. I'm not looking for death/doom, so don't say stuff such as early Paradise Lost. Thanks.

Elysium Field's - Absence-Apocalyptic has a great atmosphere, it's more along the lines of funeral doom, but the production (especially the mix on the guitar) has quite the blackish feel to it.

Tanha's 2002 promo is a decent slice of blackish doom metal, production isn't that great though, and they don't have the greatest clean vocals.

Dolorian is a beautiful band; they have quite the carnival sound, black metal vocals, amazing production to boot.

Deinonychus sounds like a straightforward black/doom hybrid, but they like to experiment with each release - so no cd will sound like another. Both the black rasp and clean vocals are used, but usually they have different preferences for each on each different release. I rec "The Silence of December" just because the black metal elements are pretty damn obvious in it (not because it's better than any other album)

Frankly, Nortt is the man for Black Funeral Doom.

a lot of pagan metal alternates black metal and clean vocals.

I also have to agree with this; obvious contenders include:
Belenos
Bran Barr
Butterfly Temple
Enslaved
Ensiferum
Falkenbach
Gjallarhorn
Heol Telwen
Mithotyn
Månegarm
Menhir
Myrkgrav
Negurã Bunget
Nomans Land
Temnozer

Black metal that has the bleak atmosphere might be a good rec list too; so that would include:
AN (only the Desert Northern Hell demo)
Abyssic Hate
Desolation Hymn
Elysian Blaze
Forgotten Tomb
Make a Change... Kill Yourself
Reverend Kriss Hades, Shining
Wraith
+ may others I didn't mention cause I'm tired as fucking hell (it's almost 5am, I need sleep)

Goodnight all.

I also rec Farsot...because they're fucking awesome.

Definitely to have second Ensiferum and Månegarm (don't know if Mithotyn and Nomans Land had any clean vox though, maybe I just have a bad memory).

a few others:

Korpiklaani
Folkearth
Haggard
Hantaoma
Storm (Nor)

Definitely to have second Ensiferum and Månegarm (don't know if Mithotyn and Nomans Land had any clean vox though, maybe I just have a bad memory).

a few others:

Korpiklaani
Folkearth
Haggard
Hantaoma
Storm (Nor)

Nomans land have some clean vocaled tracks. Stuff like Two Fathers. I'll have to disagree with Korpiklaani being here... When have they ever used Black Vocals, and are they actaully Black Metal?

And I can't beleive I forgot to mention Berserk.

EDIT: And Annwn. AND Shieldwall.