Black Lion Audio BLA 312 (Pre Order)

~BURNY~

Apr 20, 2005
If it sounds anything like the real deal, that's really fucking cheap and I want one or two right now:
http://www.altomusic.com/shop/Black...ck-Mic-Pre-API-Clone--Pre-Order-_pid110946.am
110946-8ab8f38e3d1ccc3d8a05730b2d301360.jpg

dammit, after shipping, customs and taxes it won't be much cheaper than the real deal...plus it might not even work with 230V
Yeah this is what I figured, too. Plus they said it sounds more like the Seventh Circle API Clone than the API itself. It sucks they didn't find a European distributor yet (and we don't know if they ever will).
Got a used 3124+ for a good price,though.. so I'm not really sad about it :cool:

If I can avoid a stupid import tax, I'd love one of these... and maybe another in the future. But if I'm gonna get raped on taxes/shipping, I'll have to look elsewhere :(

I can't imagine it being that expensive even if shipped to the EU. Say shipping would be $80. Add customs and VAT (27% total) and it would be around 360€. Doesn't sound bad at all if it holds up to the hype!

I worked out that it'd cost me about the same as a GAP73 with import tax etc. Definitely giving it some thought :)

I've just got the reply.
these units do NOT have a switchable voltage supply, they're 110V only!

so unless you wanna put step down trannies in your rack these things are not interesting for Europeans

I've just got the reply.

so unless you wanna put step down trannies in your rack these things are not interesting for Europeans

Because of an additional 15 euros? :confused:I highly doubt those need a 300w transformer... Probably still a lot less expensive than an a 500 module + a lunchbox.

Because of an additional 15 euros? :confused:I highly doubt those need a 300w transformer... Probably still a lot less expensive than an a 500 module + a lunchbox.

no, not the handfull of euros, but the extra transformers sitting in the rack, not only taking up space but likely inducing extra noise into your rack etc....
clean power is very important if you wanna have a noiseless, good sounding rack....two more cheapo step downs with their additional 10 meters of power cable coiled up in there will certainly not help.

I'm sure you could get the internal tranny replaced for not too much (perhaps 100€ extra?), but yea, eithr way, it'll end up with about as much as a used 3124+...and I'd always choose the real deal over some improvised half asses solution if the price isn't a big diference.

Some companies just don't see that the USA is not the entire world (I know some think it is), they're missing out on so many sales to Europe, Australia, Asia etc by not just offering switchable power supplies.

in some cases they're doing it on purpose of course (Mesa,...) just so they can sell their EU versions for MUCH MUCH more than it would make sense to anybody....but I think these smaller companies that don't have a European distribution are just missing out on sales

Some companies just don't see that the USA is not the entire world (I know some think it is), they're missing out on so many sales to Europe, Australia, Asia etc by not just offering switchable power supplies.

in some cases they're doing it on purpose of course (Mesa,...) just so they can sell their EU versions for MUCH MUCH more than it would make sense to anybody....but I think these smaller companies that don't have a European distribution are just missing out on sales

This +1,000,000

I've just got the reply.

Argh, that's a bummer, I hate having step-down trannies lying around. Not a deal-breaker, as they can be had for really cheap, but annoying nonetheless :/