BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I really enjoy Black metal bands as Emperor and Immortal, there are tons that are good, and in the same way, there are tons of them that are very bad.
i can totally understand why some people say that BM is shit, but thats because of any of these two things, they havent listened to a good one, or they have but never payed real attention to the music.

I like Emperor and Immortal too, but I don't understand how people can listen to the so-called tr00 black metal bands, like Burzum, Mayhem, and Darkthrone. I've given all three a fair chance, and I just laugh every time I hear them.

Xtopher said:
I really enjoy Black metal bands as Emperor and Immortal, there are tons that are good, and in the same way, there are tons of them that are very bad.
i can totally understand why some people say that BM is shit, but thats because of any of these two things, they havent listened to a good one, or they have but never payed real attention to the music.

agree

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I like Emperor and Immortal too, but I don't understand how people can listen to the so-called tr00 black metal bands, like Burzum, Mayhem, and Darkthrone. I've given all three a fair chance, and I just laugh every time I hear them.

agree

maybe u havent listened to their "good" albums, all 3 of them have very good albums IMO, but all 3 of them have changed their style too, so maybe the album u listened was one of them. but there are plenty of good BM bands u can listen to and realize that they are not shit, like : arcturus, keep of kalessin, amon amarth, borknagar, carpathian forest, satyricon, norkturnal mortum, zyklon, melechesh, etc

Some elements prominent in various black metal bands are atmosphere, minimalism, melancholy, majesticness, harshness, etc. Like it or not, these are viable musical elements, and the "good" bands are quite good at conveying these elements through music.

Silent Song said:
the return of the black metal page!! i'm getting into Crimson Moonlight lately.

Crimson Moonlight was interviewed here on UM recently. The person speaking for them seemed pretty smart. How is the music?

sounds like black metal to me :)

and i like it. Opeth got me into death metal, Ulver got me into black metal. i used to shun these genres but i now realize how much i was missing

ThornsOfSorrow said:

You should hear Filosofem and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss by Burzum. I am by no means a black metal fan, but these albums certainly have interesting sounds on them, and you shouldn't group them with the crappy bands like DarkThrone.

this is what someone said on a blackmetal forum:

Here is a little something that i'd like to share with you MayheM-boardies.

To me real and enjoyable BM has no similar relationship with something I feel repelled to such as: Metal or Rock.

I do not possess the character you define as a metal-head, kvltist nor elitist. Even though I usually dress black, owning various shirts/posters and being utmost knowledgeable in this department, I am just a freelance individual that happens to merely listen to this musical genre. I had long hair before I got acquainted with it.

I don't tend to take the blatant and hormonic metal 'headbang/horns-up' life-style at heart, in fact I loathe it. I never visit shows and I will most certainly never feel compelled to do so since I stand behind Varg and Fenriz in this respect.

Deathmetal can never comprehend the blackmetal superiority, for it is a form of audio that takes nature in the simple-structured genre that we define as metal.

I rarely bother with DM, not even for aggression, In fact I regard my personal selection of norsecore of greater insanity than Brutal/death/grind.

But then again in my terminal conclusion, I must say that I ultimately do not care if blackmetal is metal or not. To me it sure isn't.

Metal?,simple structured

what the fuck is this guy saying :OMG:

I love blackmetal but this guy is an idiot!!!

Black Metal generally has a more complex atmosphere than death metal. That's what he's trying to say, he just makes it sound really complex.

I love Black Metal. Early Bathory, Emperor, Judas Iscariot, Noctuary, the list goes on.

LoboUivante said:
really cool the fact someone took the time to name a black metal banda as Judas Iscariot. I guess there's already one named Cain, or Damien right?

He would've named the band Mary Magdalene, but that sounded too kvlt.

I plan on seeing SABBAT on their first US tour in September, and I'm really excited. I've been getting into the thrashier old black metal bands lately, like Tormentor, Nifelheim, etc., but just in moderation.

Beelzebub said:
I plan on seeing SABBAT on their first US tour in September, and I'm really excited. I've been getting into the thrashier old black metal bands lately, like Tormentor, Nifelheim, etc., but just in moderation.

You should check out Desaster - Hellfire's Dominion & A Touch Of Medieval Darkness. I think you'll dig Desaster if you're into Black Thrash. Also Summon's new album Fallen is great!