Black metal mixing practise: Dissection - Unhallowed cover

Well this thread is a little on the dying side which is confusing to me, this is a great fucking song. Anyway I was thinking of doing a vocal track for it if that's cool. I'm pretty well suited for black metal vocals and I hardly ever use them, and this is a solid cover that would be fun to work with.

Really awesome job on these tracks, RaNk! I love Dissection.

Here's my quick attempt at a mix (I didn't really aim for the "black metal sound" though):

Cool mix, it's a different approach which I like. The bass is interesting in this one, with a more "jangly" sound. The rest seems pretty well balanced too, I like listening to this one.

Well this thread is a little on the dying side which is confusing to me, this is a great fucking song. Anyway I was thinking of doing a vocal track for it if that's cool. I'm pretty well suited for black metal vocals and I hardly ever use them, and this is a solid cover that would be fun to work with.

Cool, go for the vocals for sure, if you like to do it. It would make this thread more interesting, since now it's really missing that. The guy who wants to record the vocals at my place is a bit busy these days so... About the thread dying, yeah maybe on this forum people don't like this kind of music too much, or maybe my tracks are not good enough. Still want to improve one riff, and I think if there's some cool vocals at hand, it could be more inspiring to do that as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've been quite busy with RL.

Anyway here's my mix, hope you like it:

Feedback is always welcome :)

Also, soon I'll be recording acoustic drums for my black metal band, let me know if you're interested in some mixing practice and I'll post the multitracks once it's done.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: