Black Metal Stems with Real Drums for your Mixing Pleasure

Hi,
Thanks for these raws.

Please can you have a look at your files, here are some issues I went through within a quick check :
- bass DI is printed on both rythm guitar DIs
- file named "backing vocals" is very weak level-wise, compared to other vocals tracks ; was it tracked like that or is it a bounce issue ?
- I'm really not sure all the tracks are where they belong ; here is very very quick set up with the files provided : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6120012/Ultimate Metal/VR Song6 Rough.mp3
Can you confirm that everything is OK timing wise ?
If not, can you bounce the tracks correctly or at least provide a reference mix ?

Also, it might be cool to have the following informations if possible :
- band name ?
- song title ?
- tempo ? (seems to be 200 bpm; can you confirm ?)
- some kind of guitar pro file of the song if you have one ?

Any info on vocal recording ? Tracks sounds very dull and noisy...
Same for bass guitar, very dull sounding, sounds like old strings.

Drums sounds nice and well played :)

Last edited:
Hey man, thanks for taking the time to mix this stuff. I just imported the track to my DAW again and everything aligns properly. I forgot to add the tempo but it is 200BPM. Sorry but I don't have any guitar pro tracks. The bass was recorded directly into the interface and I, of course used new strings on it, I don't know about the noise you are referring to. The vocals were recorded in an underground manner, I believe they used an SM58. There is a vocal track that is very low in volume, you just need to level it with the rest.

Why can't people use dropbox? or a legitimate download service? Theres absolutely no reason i would need FLASH installed in order to download anything.

Nice, will check the new files, thank you.
So, you confirm that everything is OK timing wise in the clip I posted ?
(not a mix at all, really, just messed with it for less than 30min in order to check everything is OK)

Bass DI isn't noisy, just a bit dull but it might be the instrument itself that sounds like that.
Totally usable I think.

Vocals have definitely a strange thing going on (noise in high frequencies), but we'll have to do with it.

Also, what is band name and song title ?
Is the album already mixed ?

OK just checked and everything is better now !

Vocals still sound weird though, but in a slightly different way than the first time.
Are you sure there is no processing on those tracks ? (the ssss and highs sounds really weird)

Adversor also plays in Nethermost, but I'm almost 100% sure that it's not the same band at all than the song we mixed here (Nethermost is doom metal : http://netherdoom.bandcamp.com/)

Also, "Song 6" doesn't sound like the real title too but more like a draft thing ; I actually named my files like this because of the "VB #6 Renders" folder on Mega, but again, I really don't think that it is the accurate song title.

Last edited:
This is a cool track to mix. This is what I could come up with today (no vocals and such). But I will drop a finished mix when I'll have some time.

Yeah, this is my final mix for this track. It was awesome working on it, drums are killer. The only thing that I dropped is the first solo. For me it kinda detracted from the power of the introductory riff.