Black Metal type mix I just finished

hey men sounds good to me, very polish. and good song too, how do you achive the fx in the vox that stars in 2:05.?

hey men sounds good to me, very polish. and good song too, how do you achive the fx in the vox that stars in 2:05.?

If i remember correct, I think I just double tracked and I used some waves Doubler on one of them. I would have to look at the mix when i have a minute because i did a lot of weired things (plugin wise) to the vocals that i normally don't do.

i think the snare would work nicer blended with a rawer sounding sample considering the music.

nice guitar and vocal sounds though!

this is pretty cool, although the intonationproblems of the guitar are very distracting. also i think for this style the pod really doesnt fit.
drums are very cool!

Yea i reamped this with a Mesa Triple Rec but I could not get a good tone for the life of me. Come to find out someone took the new Groove tubes out of the mesa at the studio and put there shit old mesa tubes in it, and one is even blown. I fucking hate thieves!!

listening today again...I take back my comment about the drums. Sounds good.

What slate toms are these? What kind of chain did you use for these?

New Maple toms and only Waves SSL on them doing some light compression and eq adjustments. Nothing major at all, there almost just stock with some high pass to like 50hz and a little high shelf to cut a bit. I did a little low boost with the Finalizer as well in mastering so that may have gave the toms a little more beef.

Drums sound wayyyy too dry to me. I'm not really digging this for some reason, bro. It's really clean sounding, but in an almost uber-sterile kind of way... Needs more automation rides, IMO. The guitars are kind of just sitting there in the fore-front blasting my head off and the drums almost seem like they're somewhere else in the mix just going crazy...

Hmmm... could just be me.

No i agree I think the guitars have to much 1.5k or close around there. They really draw your attention and kinda kill your ears through the song. I also need to work on more automation on my mixes. Thanks for the tips dude!!