Black Mountain "In The Future"!!!

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Is anyone else as stoked about this band as I am? I just got their new album which hit the stores today and man I was blown away by it!!

As soon as the guitars struck on the CD I grabbed my guitar and needed to jam along. The music is epic and even though there are quite a few rock bands conjuring up 70s feelings nowadays, this band roams above many of them.the song writing is epic and good, the songs build up and elements are given space to grab you. I especially love the keyboards which are executed by the only female in the group who also sings as the 2nd vocalist. And I love what she brings to the music, the track "Queens Will Play" is amazing. The track builds with a slow haunting flow and at the end kicks in with a rocking grind. I cannot wait to follow this band, they have a good looking future ahead of them.

Plus I read that the main guy in the band has some black metal in his collection of albums.

Going to see them live in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!

Anyone share the love??

Are you serious guys!!!! Everyone is freaking out over their favorite viking band but no one shares the love for this great rock band.... Strange... Has anyone heard the new album from Black Mountain? I figured Opeth fans could really appreciate them....

I like that style of music, but really wasn't too impressed. If you're going to completely rip off LZ and Sabbath, the least you could do is make interesting riffs while doing it. I don't need overly complex music all the time, but most of those songs seem like they just didn't bother trying. Sorry to shit on them.

I like that style of music, but really wasn't too impressed. If you're going to completely rip off LZ and Sabbath, the least you could do is make interesting riffs while doing it. I don't need overly complex music all the time, but most of those songs seem like they just didn't bother trying. Sorry to shit on them.

I think they sound like a ton of bads from back in the day... but in an original way. They sound like they were that lost band from the 70s that has been now discovered. But unlike many other bands who are currently trying to do the same thing as Black Mountain, Black Mountain do it in an original way with good song writing and perfection. Plus there is a touch of modernism there, some nice inspiration from metal and even chill out music.

I just really enjoy this band, they made me pick up the guitar (which was covered in cob webs) and rock out. All the songs on the new album are really great and theres no filler.

Way better than Racontiers, White Stripes and Wolfmother.

Anyone listen to the track "Queens Will Play", that build up and haunting female vocals about Blood are pretty great and the ending just kicks you up a gear.

Hey outerone, thanks for pointing this one out... I listened to it at work tonight and I really enjoy it!

Yeah no prob! I just saw them live last night in San Fran and they sounded great! A really good band to see live. I cant wait to see how this band grows in the future. The place I saw then was pretty small but I would love to hear them at a big venue one day.