The future of Iron Maiden

Paschendale is by far the best song by Maiden since Fear of the Dark in my opinion.

The future if Maiden, I'm hoping is to continue the way they do, they pleased most fans with Dance of Death, including me.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
They're heavy metal - newer bands may be heavier, but if you want a band that typifies true metal, it's Iron Maiden. They're called "Gods" because of "Killers", "Piece of Mind", "Powerslave" etc, just because you don't particularly like them doesn't mean they haven't released some of the best and most influential music of all time.

Why do they typify true metal??? And what's the definition of heavy metal?? Anyway, I won't say you're wrong. It's only a matter of opinions and we cannot put an objective statement about them except that they had a strong influence over other bands.

AsModEe said:
Why do they typify true metal??? And what's the definition of heavy metal?? Anyway, I won't say you're wrong. It's only a matter of opinions and we cannot put an objective statement about them except that they had a strong influence over other bands.
Maiden is the greatest heavy metal band because they have managed to make metal in a variety of forms for 30 years and they're still going strong.

Esteban said:
Maiden is the greatest heavy metal band because they have managed to make metal in a variety of forms for 30 years and they're still going strong.
Exactly, have they really been around for 30years?? Isn´t it something like 25?? BRAVEnewWORLD owns DANCEofDEATH easy, you got to agree with that!!

I think Maiden still have plenty of fuel left in them and plenty of new ideas, look at Journeyman - an all acoustic track!, No More Lies with the drum emphasis and repetition. They'll make another 2 good studio albums and carry on touring for 5 years after that last studio album and then call it a day.

svältvinter said:
Exactly, have they really been around for 30years?? Isn´t it something like 25?? BRAVEnewWORLD owns DANCEofDEATH easy, you got to agree with that!!

Maiden formed in 1978 which means they've been around 25/216 years which is closer to 30 than 20.

DOD owns BNW. BNW was boring and old.