The future of metal

Toorop said:
:D

Please remove your head from your ass.

What's with the unwarranted insult? Could you please give me a reason why that particular post seemed so unreasonable to you?

Metalcore wont last long. Soon enough it'll be "uncool" and it'll be abandoned. Same thing happens with all popular trends, they hang around for a little while and then continue to dissapear and be forgotten about. Whoever it was who said metalcore would last for the rest of the decade isn't really thinking.

Toorop said:
tr00 metalheads, posers, trends, underground bla bla bla....

If you can't provide some kind of sound argument contrary to my statement then keep your inane comments to yourself.

Future of metal??? I can't see black metal having a future, it would be against their ideology lol. I think bands like Susperia, Necrophagist, Ram Zet, Adagio, Agalloch, Biomechanical, Martyr, Quo Vadis, Mantiora, Children of Bodom ( yeah yeah complain all you want oh-so-true-metalheads ) are the future of metal. Not only those bands of course, but that kind of band.

AsModEe said:
Future of metal??? I can't see black metal having a future, it would be against their ideology lol. I think bands like Susperia, Necrophagist, Ram Zet, Adagio, Agalloch, Biomechanical, Martyr, Quo Vadis, Mantiora, Children of Bodom ( yeah yeah complain all you want oh-so-true-metalheads ) are the future of metal. Not only those bands of course, but that kind of band.

Martyr from Canada? If so, then I agree. They're fucking awesome.

I think people will soon get bored of Power Metal and the genre will soon die out.

The Melodeath scene is a joke and will gradually die out and I think when Opeth finish people will get fedup of Melodeath completely.

Death Metal has a lot of life left. Death Metal bands are coming up with different styles and the genre is so vast and undiscovered.

Black Metal has been discovered completely, there is nothing for any new bands to discover. The Ideology is what will carry this genre into the future.

Christie_fell said:
The problem is, most bands who DO continue to send out albums become horrible. They have nothing left to do. Might as well leave on a good note, no?

While its true they left on a great note, a second or third album could have seen some interesting results at least, even if they didnt live up to Elvenefris.

J Mann said:
While its true they left on a great note, a second or third album could have seen some interesting results at least, even if they didnt live up to Elvenefris.

I want to hear the new shit when it comes out even if it does suck. Elvenefris is fucking BRILLIANT.

AsModEe said:
Children of Bodom ( yeah yeah complain all you want oh-so-true-metalheads ) are the future of metal. Not only those bands of course, but that kind of band.

The Children of Bodom sound has been done so many times now, there's realy no place to go. It's already burned itself out.

J Mann said:
I can see where you're coming from. However, Elvenefris would indeed be immensely difficult to transcend. It would be interesting though, you're right.

Decadent said:
The Children of Bodom sound has been done so many times now, there's realy no place to go. It's already burned itself out.
I think Children of Bodom can work as a good gateway band. They are becoming very popular so maybe people will get into them and realize the shit they have now just sucks and they will look for real metal.

I think that neoclassical and experimental black and death metal bands will be the innovators: Summoning, Dub Buk, The Chasm, Windham Hell..... Metalcore and melodeath will be the most popular genres, but won't be evolving by any means.

Psypheria, Martyr, Lykathea Aflame, !T.O.O.H!, Immolation, and Spawn of Possession are all bands I think are pushing the genre of Death Metal.

Profanity said:
Black Metal has been discovered completely, there is nothing for any new bands to discover. The Ideology is what will carry this genre into the future.

I am not so sure, look at what Woods Of Ypres has done with BM. They did something entirly new and innovative. I dont think that it is possible to say that something has been fully explored, only that you cant see more ways it can be.

Arsis
Capharnaum
Dissillusion
In-Quest
Glass Casket
Between the Buried and Me
Beyond The Embrace
Mastodon
Vehemence

all those bands are the future of metal
I dont listen to alot of black metal thats why I didnt list a bm band but I love Windir

and I agree that Viking Metal will get huge in the metal scene