In Flame's future?

OrchidForest

Mar 7, 2009
What do you guys think the future for In Flames is? Do you think they will continue to modify their sound? Return to the old shit? Go in a new direction?

What do you guys think the future for In Flames is? Do you think they will continue to modify their sound or do you think they will return to the Gothenburg sound?

I think they'll prolly make 11 more albums as awesome as The Jester Race and then they'll all catch fire.

Hope for the best, expecting the worst. The future may be good for them, but not sure if their music will be.

Newsflash: Bands don't return to their old sound. It just doesn't happen. Ever.

So true. Even the new Blut Aus Nord, as so back-to-their-roots as it is marketed, is not a rehash of Memoria Vetusta I. Luckily, what did result was a compromise of old and new, which so many older bands attempt and often fail. Blut Aus Nord succeeded, and In Flames failed and will continue to fail.

I doubt they'll return to the previous sound. The dreadlocks would have to be abolished with the new sound, or at least worked on severely. :/
Their sound may continue to morph if they continue their past trends.

Sorry about the two threads. It was a mistake on my part. If all you can do is complain about the two threads than why waste your time giving me crap about the questions.

make it go away, such a horrible band..

I still listen to 'Colony' sometimes and about half of 'The Jester Race'... but mostly I think they should belong to a genre called 'loser metal'... bands where you just feel like a big fat cowpie when you listen to them.

What do you guys think the future for In Flames is? Do you think they will continue to modify their sound? Return to the old shit? Go in a new direction?
They're obviously not going back. I hope they go more in the hard rock/melodic metal they were moving in on ASOP, and I suspect they will. They don't seem to be terribly interested in playing metal anymore, which is fine.
They won't return to the old sound, probably because they're aware that any attempt to do so would be fucking embarrassing.

Newsflash: Bands don't return to their old sound. It just doesn't happen. Ever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hordes_of_Chaos_(album)