Black Sabbath's future

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
Do you think there is a future to Black Sabbath?

Do you think they will ever release a new studio album and what do you think their touring schedule will be like?

Not with Ozzy Osbourne. At least, I hope not. The new studio tracks on "Reunion" weren't very good. I suppose they'll just carry on playing Ozzfest once a year, dragging out the same old set-list and letting great later-period songs like "Zero The Hero", "The Sabbath Stones" or "TV Crimes" go to waste.

Ozzy's won't sing anything that was written when he wasn't in the band, which is probably a good thing since he can't even sing his own material anymore, let alone Ronnie Dio's or Tony Martin's, and it's become part of the Black Sabbath nostalgia package that "OZZY IS TEH TR00 SABS SINGER", in the same way that "DEAD IS TEH TR00 MAYHEM SINGER", even though both have been succeeded by more creative and talented musicians who've contributed better material - all of which leads me to the conclusion that there will be no new Sabbath album, and if there is, it will blow donkeys, unless by some miracle Dio is persuaded to return again.

I agree, Black Sabbath were finished as soon as Ozzy came back. I don'tt see why Geezer and Tony can't keep the Sabbath name like they did throughout the 80's and 90's.

They allready gave their shot for metal. But, it doesent really matter. I only want that the original members all pass away and new people buy the rights to be playing in Black Sabbath. Its blasphemy. Is that even legal? I mean do you need to have someone of the original members to be the same band?

Whatever. Like old people die when they get too old bands must die too. They cant really affect the world of metal in anyway anymore, but they sure did their very very big part back in the 70s.

The band should have packed it in after Sabotage.

I don't think there is a future for Sabbath, unless Iommi wants to pull out that dead horse he's been beating for decades.

lord667 said:
Not with Ozzy Osbourne. At least, I hope not. The new studio tracks on "Reunion" weren't very good. I suppose they'll just carry on playing Ozzfest once a year, dragging out the same old set-list and letting great later-period songs like "Zero The Hero", "The Sabbath Stones" or "TV Crimes" go to waste.

Ozzy's won't sing anything that was written when he wasn't in the band, which is probably a good thing since he can't even sing his own material anymore, let alone Ronnie Dio's or Tony Martin's, and it's become part of the Black Sabbath nostalgia package that "OZZY IS TEH TR00 SABS SINGER", in the same way that "DEAD IS TEH TR00 MAYHEM SINGER", even though both have been succeeded by more creative and talented musicians who've contributed better material - all of which leads me to the conclusion that there will be no new Sabbath album, and if there is, it will blow donkeys, unless by some miracle Dio is persuaded to return again.

That about sums it up perfectly.