So ... what is the "future" of the metal underground?

I thionk metal will stay pretty stagnant for the next few years , but bands will continue to release solid albums without anything truly innovative without it just being clearly noise. Oh and Black metal will eventually take over and all the faggots and liberals will be enslaved or killed.

Decapitated kick arse.

Winds of Creation and Nihility develop Morbid Angel's dry and furious sound really well. Then, despite their anti-melodic sound, the rhythms and grooves created by the revolving riffs are almost melodic in themselves.

Even The Negation has its moments - although its a little less interesting and sort of a dumbed down version of the first two albums.

Future of metal - *shrugs* the best is behind us and each year there seems to be less albums which take my interest.

In the future the underground will still be underground, only the bands and the people will change. The flame of underground metal will die.
The technical bands will get more technical, the fast bands will get faster, the gay bands will be gayer.... Everything will be more extreme, and sure there will be more computer stuff.
In 10 years, you´ll get the special 27 DVD collectors edition of all Dimmu Borgir releases incl. a fart from each bandmemberforever kept alive in a plastic bag. The design will be made by 23 artists together, for the A0 Digiposter. It only can be delievered by a 10t truck, and when you buy it as on of the first 200.000 than you get a free car signed by Shagraths mom...

D-KOM said:
In 10 years, you´ll get the special 27 DVD collectors edition of all Dimmu Borgir releases incl. a fart from each bandmemberforever kept alive in a plastic bag. The design will be made by 23 artists together, for the A0 Digiposter. It only can be delievered by a 10t truck, and when you buy it as on of the first 200.000 than you get a free car signed by Shagraths mom...

What. the. fuck.

I think metal is going to start going many ways, as some of the more popular innovators like tool, mastadon, pelican, and meshuggah create clone bands, 90% of which will suck miserably. At the same time, death metal will get more extreme, and most porg/tech will wallow in their unprogressive self indulgence. Out of all of this, some innovators will climb to the surface, having the good luck to ride the next mallcore trend to popularity, and start the cycle all over again. Underground metal might be more intresting, I am hoping for thrash jazz to take off, but it probably won't.

What i mean, guys, is that death metal will get innovative. It may get innovative in 2 years or 20 years, but there will be a trend of making good music some time. The kind of "guys, this is getting generic. everyone is laughing at us, lets make something new!". The question is what will the not-generic death metal of the future sound like. Will the bands start thinking like the old-school bands, or will death metal be innovative by fusing with black metal, or will it get really proggy and get all the possible elements of everything....
Come on. You guys are like "they will wank with their instruments until they are the most technical wankers of planet Neptunus and their moms will be really proud".

EternalEnemy said:
What i mean, guys, is that death metal will get innovative. It may get innovative in 2 years or 20 years, but there will be a trend of making good music some time. The kind of "guys, this is getting generic. everyone is laughing at us, lets make something new!".

Keep throwing this idea around and we'll have the John Cage of death metal before you can say "gay novelty music for queers"!

Don't compare Decapitated with morbid angel.

Decapitated are copy & paste death metal. They sound very cheap.

I own all MA cds besides 'heretic' so don't give me any bullshit on how they're 'similiar'.

EternalEnemy said:
What i mean, guys, is that death metal will get innovative. It may get innovative in 2 years or 20 years, but there will be a trend of making good music some time. The kind of "guys, this is getting generic. everyone is laughing at us, lets make something new!". The question is what will the not-generic death metal of the future sound like. Will the bands start thinking like the old-school bands, or will death metal be innovative by fusing with black metal, or will it get really proggy and get all the possible elements of everything....
Come on. You guys are like "they will wank with their instruments until they are the most technical wankers of planet Neptunus and their moms will be really proud".

Death metal is a dying genre. I doubt that as a genre it is going to improve. There might be some intresting subgenres related to death metal, but I think the real innovation is going to come from a different genre completly. Hopefully it will overtake death metal as it gets more and more dated, and rise out of obscurity.

I agree spirit, lately we have been inundated with metal pushing the limits of technicality, but not too often are we gifted with industry changing riffs, i t has been quite awhile since ive heard a tune that stays with my like Meshuggahs New millenium cyanide christ.

but, as i wait on my Iron throne of corruption, i feel the fires forging a new metal to again push the envelope of songwriting in this genre.....

think "In flames" ppl lol..... :hotjump: