Obligatory Recommendation Topic

For some brutal sounding satanic black metal with good musicianship, check out Funeral Mist if you haven't heard them yet.

Yes, listen to the tracks Perdition's Light and Across the Qliphoth, they're the real standouts I think. I love the drum sound.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
Avoid anything remotely not underground. :)

I guess that eliminates anything i could suggest, since you were being so exact with the genre's

As for goregrind, Lord Gore, Myopia, The county medical examiners are probably the lesser known ones that i really like...also check out razorback records roster, they have a lot of goregrind. I advise you to stay away from Regurgitate also when it comes to goregrind.

NSBM the ones i like are Graveland and Burzum but they probably aren't your consideration for underground because anyone into underground metal will know about them :p

If you just want black metal i can help with underground bands probably.

I don't listen to much of the other genre's except Death metal...maybe you'll like Visceral Bleeding, spawn of possession, Exmortem

Catchy riffin' power metal that is underground loses me...only power metal i really listen to is Nightwish(if they're considered power metal, i'm bad with genre's) and Hammerfall...a bit of Dream Evil...and haven't checked out Elvenking but should.

Hopefully i helped some but i doubt it :p

"Soulblight" by Obtained Enslavement was a step in the wrong direction, the newest one is typical uber gay napalm recs. shit. The first one was boring brutal death/black. "Witchcraft", though, is a good album. Reminds me of "Nacthymnen" by Abigor to a degree, and I really like the closing piano piece.

Also, you can just recommend me ANY album that's been pwning you lately.
I still havent gotten over Astriaal - Renascent Misanthropy

Also:
Fluisterwoud - Langs Glag en Rad
Niroth - Iconoclasm (the demo is available on their site)
Shroud of Despondency - For Eternity Brings No Hope
Anarazel - Rise of the Tempest

And "Portal - Seepia" for some avant-garde death metal.

It's totaly twisted, warped and dimented. It's not straight up death metal by any means. They arent exactly 'experimenting', so it's not avant-garde in the sense that Ephel Duath are avant-garde, but its definitly different.

Too right though, it's awsome. Good to see that other people are getting into obscure aussie bands.

I've heard OF them, but I never tried them. Any good?

very good if you like humorous grind, if you are interested get it from me in the hub, I think Im the only one sharing it