King Crimson

Well, then Red, In the Wake and Larks would be more your thing.

Prorbably it will be In the Wake then...

I listened to some of the bands later songs on youtube and I really cant stand the experimental wierd stuff. I like the more traditional folky pink floydish songs with good choruses that grab you along (much like the song Epitaph).

^ I agree for the most part, but some of the more mechanical/experimental new songs can be cool. That's why "The Power to Believe" is an awesome album. The instrumentals on that song are just astounding as well as all the power to believe songs. Although there are a few songs off that record I don't care for.

Prorbably it will be In the Wake then...

I listened to some of the bands later songs on youtube and I really cant stand the experimental wierd stuff. I like the more traditional folky pink floydish songs with good choruses that grab you along (much like the song Epitaph).

hmm King Crimson has plenty of awesome experimental tracks, old and new. I guess our tastes just differ...but if you liked Epitath then you can't go wrong with songs like ''Book of Saturday'', ''Exiles'', ''Fallen Angel'', and ''Starless''.

I love The Power to Believe, and think it's still this century's best mixture so far of elektronic music and progressive rock (though In Rainbows is certainly up there).

lolz in rainbows has like 1 1/2 songs that could be considered electronic at all

Anybody going to any of the shows in August that they're doing? I might hit up one (or both) of the Philly dates, depends on how the funding is at that time