Black Panther Snare at MF for $99.00 Today Only

I'd be down for getting you guys some samples. My room selection isn't the greatest, but it could be worse. I'd probably do it in my living room....hardwood floors, higher ceiling than my basement, couch positioned for some diffusion, and I can drive my wife nuts! haha

I have an sm57, 2 studio projects B1 condensors, a set of shure drum mics (cant recall model off hand...not bad, but not extraordinary). I know you'll probaly want the sm57, but I figured I'd make the other options known. I'd record the samples through a mackie onyx 1640. Honestly it will be my first attempt at recording samples so I may need some pointers....and I dont mind trying a few times to get it right. I'll definitely get multiple hard hits and 10 or so different velocities. I may even get some samples with different tunings since Im sure I'll be experimenting once it gets here.

Of course I'll have to wait for the snare to arrive. I'm stoked....hope musicians friend ships quickly!

edit: I also have a pork pie big black brass (upgraded with die cast hoops) that I could sample while Im at it if you guys are interested. Heck, I may just do my whole kit (ddrum dominion, all maple shells w/ diecast hoops)! Of course I'll need some new heads before tackling the entire project.