Black Rose Immortal: Live?

Would you like Opeth to play Black Rose Immortal on the next tour?

• Yes

Votes: 134 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 65 32.7%

• Total voters
demon as an encore of the gig,as many said in nathan's thread(me also), would be great but it loses 17-0 with BRI:headbang:

dude if we had the honor to hear it played live i would probably shit my pants. has it ever been done?

youtube says "No!" but it could be wrong.Maybe yes but even the oldest opethians can't remember it:lol:
I think it's quite challenging for the band to play this.But they will succeed i hope.Will get +1000000 exp:lol:

well, it's an extremely long song with many different riffs. i can see why they wouldn't play it, but man would it be a treat.

i do love this song, but i think it would eat up too much of a set where i could hear songs i like more :lol:, not that its not fantastic, its just so long, too much time for me

I got into them after hearing this song, would mean allot to see it live when they play in Sydney :D

Mike played the 'getting dark again' riff at the last Sydney gig and I was so happy.

I think if Opeth decide to end their reign in a few years time, they should do a global Black Rose Immortal Tour.

I think if the band was to come to an end, that would be sufficient motivation to learn the entire song.

But poop is good fertilizer, and some corn or peanuts might grow on your grave as a result. MMMM.....peeeanuutsss! I'd love to hear BRI. Especially if it replaced of Demon of the Fall. I love the song, and I know it's kinda obligatory in a way, like Rush always doing Tom Sawyer. But all ten times that I've seen them, I'd love to hear another song in it's place that they've yet to play live.

I would absolutely love to hear BRI live. I dont care if it takes up 3 songs, I think BRI is epic and I would be so happy to hear it. I almost shit my pants when Mike said the next song their gonna play is a 20 minute piece at the 2nd night of the NYC prog nation tour. He deceived us though since he just pointed to the audience and didnt play the song lol.

hmm if porc tree can play anesthetize live, opeth could play bri live. Its just not as good as alot of their other songs.

You gotta remember that Anesthetize just came out, therefore that's what the new fans know and that's what they're 'selling'. BRI is tr0oe fans only, and would bore the shit out of the leeches that just know the new shit.

Normally, I'm totally anti-medley, but I could see parts of BRI sounding badass as part of some sort of Old-peth medley. Or just to top off the end of some other song.

ie. getting to the something like Bleak, or Windowpane, then starting up the "Eyes attach to your mute portrait," part into "It will set ablaze and vanish", and then moving on.

Or anything else. Anyway, BRI could be divided and it would still be awesome.