Blackest of the Black

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
So who's going?

Danzig, Opeth, Nile, Lacuna Coil, Superjoint Ritual, and Beyond the Embrace.

Birch Hill, NJ May 15th. It's in a shitdump, and it's on a Thursday, but that is a lineup to rival the Gods of Metal tour (especially now that Sy X have dropped out).

By the way, Haddsie just interviewed Cristina Scabbia today...*drools*...look out for interview soon!

That's a pretty cool lineup, but I don't see anything black about it. I thought the tour was going to be Danzig with a bunch of black metal bands.

Do you know where else they are playing?

npearce said:
That's a pretty cool lineup, but I don't see anything black about it. I thought the tour was going to be Danzig with a bunch of black metal bands.

Do you know where else they are playing?

et voila...

4/29 Graceland - Seattle, WA
4/30 Roseland - Portland, OR
5/2 Mesa Amphitheater - Phoenix, AZ w/ Danzig * No Yakuza
5/3 Universal Amphitheater - Los Angeles, CA w/ Danzig * No Yakuza
5/5 Huntridge Theater - Las Vegas, NV
5/6 X-Scape - Salt Lake City, UT
5/8 Canyon Club - Dallas, TX
5/9 The Backroom - Austin, TX
5/10 Fitzgeralds - Houston, TX
5/11 House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA
5/12 Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
5/14 Ziggy's - Winston-Salem, NC
5/15 Birch Hill - Old Bridge, NJ
5/16 Palladium - Worcester, MA New England Metal & Hardcore Fest
5/17 Showplace - Buffalo, NY
5/18 Harpo's - Detroit, MI
5/20 Quest - Minneapolis, MN
5/21 Eagle's Club - Milwaukee, WI
5/22 Pop's - Sauget, IL
5/23 Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH

Note that Yakuza open for the shows up until May 12th, and then BtE take over.

Hey you know what, I could have this wrong. I've read it a hundred times now and I based on the posting by NAD, it looks like this show with the complete lineup is only on May 2nd & 3rd.

The KNAC website lists all those dates though, but I think they just reflect the Opeth/Lacuna Coil portion of the tour....I think...

OK so it's just Opeth, Lacuna Coil, and BtE in NJ on May 15th.

Damn fuck shit wank! The Blackest tour is in Phoenix and LA only, and according to the tour site, they've even added Behemoth.

No Sepultura & Voivod, and no Blackest tour coming East side...oh woe is me.

Yeah it's sort of confusing. Bands drop off and get added on a daily basis. From what I heard the LA and Arizona dates were the only confirmed, Glenn was going to continue the tour based on how successful those dates are. The 7th House has a good message board though, lots of information. Also http://www.danzig-verotik.com is Glenn's official site.

Yeah the KNAC site headlined the article: Lacuna Coil join the Danzig tour and then listed all those play dates! It was so ambiguous, I couldn't even make head or tail of it in a non-delirious state.

Still, Opeth, LC, and BtE is worth it alone. Those are three top bands, and I could probably live without Danzig and Superjoint Ritual.

Dreamlord said:
What the hell is so black about those bands? Superjoint Ritual is about as black as No Doubt.

Wait a minute...No Doubt aren't black metal? I'm always the last to know.

If you go to the website (blackestoftheblack.com) it introduces the show as something like an anti-nu metal gig...so somehow they've used the term 'black' as a metaphor, obviously not knowing that it's a genre too.

This is Danzig publicity by the way....Danzig barely qualifies for metal. He's in the Billy Idol category.

JayKeeley said:
If you go to the website (blackestoftheblack.com) it introduces the show as something like an anti-nu metal gig...so somehow they've used the term 'black' as a metaphor, obviously not knowing that it's a genre too.

This is Danzig publicity by the way....Danzig barely qualifies for metal. He's in the Billy Idol category.

It said "Fuck MTV". Um, if I'm not mistaken Danzig's "Mother" was played to death on MTV.

Back in the day, Phil Anselmo was an MTV whore. Pantera had like 6 or 7 videos from Vulgar Display of Power.

Hypocrites.

Dreamlord said:
It said "Fuck MTV". Um, if I'm not mistaken Danzig's "Mother" was played to death on MTV.

Back in the day, Phil Anselmo was an MTV whore. Pantera had like 6 or 7 videos from Vulgar Display of Power.

Hypocrites.

Ok, shit like this kinda pisses me off. :devil:

Do you honestly think that Danzig or Anselmo had any say in how often their videos or if any of their videos would get airplay on MTV?

How are they whores? They are not the programmers. Key word there: programmers. Which is probably why they both say fuck MTV as the network is no longer about music.. hasn't been for quite some time now.

And for the record, Pantera had 3 videos from Vulgar that were aired on MTV, Mouth For War, This Love and Walk.

Papa Josh said:
Do you honestly think that Danzig or Anselmo had any say in how often their videos or if any of their videos would get airplay on MTV?

Probably not. However, I'm sure they were happy at the constant airplay. Now they're gonna say "Fuck MTV"? :lol:

And for the record, Pantera had 3 videos from Vulgar that were aired on MTV, Mouth For War, This Love and Walk.

Sorry, forgot Cemetary Gates was from Cowboys From Hell.

Well, I used to watch MTV in '93, but starting a few years later I've said FUCK MTV myself! For a long time it was a decent network that catered to all sorts of genres, but once they started doing a bunch of game shows and practically eliminating the music videos they've sucked ass.

No Skip Intro button because that's all the page is, an intro! /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

I never considered Danzig to be metal, but 6:66 and 777 are pretty heavy. Anything else was either B-movie punk or blues/rock. Either way, HAIL DANZIG!!! /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

For MY record, this alleged "Blackest of the Black" tour sucks bollocks anyway.

Danzig = crap
Superjoint Ritual = something less than crap
Nile = beginning to saturate me as I've already seen them 3 times this year

Which leaves Opeth, Lacuna Coil & Beyond The Embrace, the 3 bands I want to see, the 3 bands that are coming to New Jersey.

I think this works out just perfectly!