Blackwater Park limited edition?

Orion Crystal Ice

Rider of the Astral Fire
Aug 22, 2002
The Road to Purity
I'd much rather post one of those 'Orchid is underrated' threads, but I'm anal and need to know something about the BWP ltd. edition.

I'd really like to get it, but I need to know if it has the same cover art as the standard release. o_O I know it comes in the embossed black box thing and all that, but once you open up the box, is a normal BWP jewel case CD in there along with another CD of bonus tracks, or is there just one jewel case BWP CD with the bonus tracks and all tacked onto it, but with all the original artwork? Or is the CD(s) in there something different entirely, like in a crappy slimline case or something?

I know it's gay, but I want both the bonus songs and the original inlays, without having to buy both versions.

It comes in a black slipcase with the 'O' on it. it is a double cd case with the 2 bonus tracks + the Harvest vid on the extra cd. The artwork etc is the same as the original. So if you already have the original, it isn't worth getting. Unless you're an Opeth masochist.

The front cover has no writing on it whatsoever. Just the image.
Looks very cool, IMO, with just the artwork.

The two bonus tracks, as you probably already know are among the best acoustic songs they have recorded.

Oh, and the band photo is in sepia tones, so it looks even cooler.

:)

I'm a bit of a collecter (not much, but a bit), so I picked it up and sold my old copy to a friend. Got him into Opeth, so it all worked out good I guess.

Did I mention how good the two songs are?

If you're particularly anal, the text on the back includes an extra line:

"Assitional tracks recorded in two Stockholm apartments with help from J. Renske. Video clip filmed, produced and edited by Fredrik Odefjard."

yeah, so, if you have the cash, I'd say pick it up if only for the two songs, they're fucking beautiful.

I don't have the limited edition... may someday though, I think the bonus tracks are phenominal (even if they're relatively simple).

Where do you recommend ordering the special edition? I'm also something of a CD collector and I'd very much like to have this for my collection.

I haven't seen them for general sale at my local metal store for quite some time (since they first came out).

I don't think they're all THAT limited though...you should be able to find one somewhere or other.

PS: I got mine signed. :)

I have this Ltd version, signed by every Opeth member... it's fucking beautiful! I burned myself a copy with bonus tracks on one CD-R, more comfortable and don't have to worry, if smth happends with my original disc(s).

10 bucks!
i was desperate enough to pay 20 at newbury comics for a used one...
i think they had no idea what it was/was worth... don't think they knew it wasn't actually a double album per se.
anyway, i am glad i have it. fwiw.

I have a copy.And im trying to complete my opeth collection.I still need the grey version of the the 7".I need the drapery falls promo single(due to the artwork and such).And the first 3 albums without the bonus tracks.

Does anyone know where I can get the BWP Ltd? Exept on Ebay. Where I can buy it for an normal prize. Thank you.