Blackwater Park Binge

ViCyniC

Nov 14, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Help me, I can't stop listening to this album.

It's fitting that roughly around this time 3 years ago I came across this album, my first full listen of an Opeth CD. I was relentless in my pursuit to get bored with this album, and it took me like 100 continuous spins until that happen, and only temporarliy. Ever since, I couldn't get excited about listening to that album for a long time, maybe forever. Or so I thought...

Present day, 3 years later, here I am confessing my latest obsession with that very same album that I neglected. Something inside me ticked while listening to it with full attention and concentration after some time. I don't know if I just missed listening to it, or if the other Opeth albums took away some of the feeling that BWP left me with in the past. But now it's back, and I have a new found appreciation for this album. And I can't stop listening to it.

I have come full circle. BWP is a masterpiece, and Opeth is a genius of a band (just in case anyone forgot). :worship:

dude your getting a dell..never get a dell by the way..anyway, i like the song, but not all up for the whole cd. :Spam:

eh, i'm not to fond of BWP as a whole.

the leper affinity - an exception, INCREDIBLE song, definetly in my top 5 fav opeth tunes
bleak - good song
harvest - good, but overrated
drapery - good song, but heard it wayyyy too many times
dirge - good song
funeral - good, but overrated
patterns - decent
bwp - 2nd best track on here

whereas most tracks on the other records are better than 'good.'

wtf...what's the big deal? lololol you can't even have an opinion on this board?
seriously, moonlapse, did u delete that?
it's not like he ripped the band apart, and threatened their families, he simply said he didn't like some of their songs :erk: wtf, that's gay.

I've been listening to a shit-ton of Orchid lately. Finally got bored with that after like 2 weeks of non-stop listening and I'm "rediscovering" Blackwater Park as well, starting tonight on the way home. Opeth are the only band who's entire catalogue I love. The Funeral Portrait has got like beastly riff after beastly riff. I feel like it's what an Orchid song might sound like in Opeth's modern songwriting style.

The Dude said:
BWP might be my favourite Opeth album.

:erk:

erk.jpg

p.s. why does mercyful fate kick so much fffffffucking ass?

^ hmm,
anyways, bwp is one of the albums I least listen to, deliverance hardly ever listened too, but bwp has some great songs, including the title song, and leper affinity

I love Leper Affinity and Bleak and the Funeral Portrait, i think its some of their best stuff. I also quite enjoy Harvest and Patterns in the Ivy. Dirge For November has excellent intro/outro sections but i cant stand the middle part. And the other 2 tracks im just not a fan of much at all. To me this album simultaneously represents what is great about Opeth and what is bad about Opeth. I would rate it the worst of the seven, but i think that really says more about the quality of the other 6.

deliverance said:
wtf...what's the big deal? lololol you can't even have an opinion on this board?
seriously, moonlapse, did u delete that?
it's not like he ripped the band apart, and threatened their families, he simply said he didn't like some of their songs :erk: wtf, that's gay.

also .