Why can't i like Blackwater Park?

None_So_Vile said:
Blackwater park was the album that got me into opeth but ive got 4 opeth albums so far (still life, damnation, blackwater park, morningrise) and i may be alone here but my favourite is still life, not denying the quality of blackwater park though, it is still excellent but still life does a bit more for me

No, you're not alone, Still Life is my fav album by Opeth... well, by any band actually.
I love everything about it (except the production flaws! :D ), the concept and the whole atmosphere, the distorted riffs and especially the acoustic parts, which IMO are the best Opeth have ever done.

MAYH is a close second, you have to get this one ASAP. :)

Heh, it's just elitist bullshit. Just listen to what you want to listen to.

Blackwater park was the album that got me into opeth but ive got 4 opeth albums so far (still life, damnation, blackwater park, morningrise) and i may be alone here but my favourite is still life, not denying the quality of blackwater park though, it is still excellent but still life does a bit more for me

Why don't you have My Arms Your Hearse?! OH GOD WHY?!?!?!

bah, you guys are all gay, Orchid and Morningrise are much betterz... its jsut hard picking one, and although i love all their albums these two just kick serious nuts

BWP got me into Opeth, and I've got everything but Orchid now. I would have to put BWP first, with MAYH and Morningrise right behind it. I don't know how anyone could like D1 the most. What makes BWP the best for me is how good the heavy to soft to heavy transitions are, i.e. Bleak, Dirge, Leper Affinity, etc. The piano at the end of TLA and the transition at about 8:15 in Bleak are some of the best Opeth moments. The Leper Affinity is probably my fav Opeth song ever (with When and Deliverance just behind it)

I have seriously tried to like Blackwater Park since it's release. I still have to consciously find it and put it in the player, whereas the other albums somehow magically are always close at hand, with 'My Arms' permanently in my portable CD-player, 'Still Life' and 'Deliverance' alternating in my normal CD-player, and the rest constantly appearing in WinAmp :D