Blanks.

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I have been archiving interviews & misc stuff over the last couple of weeks, I haven't had any trouble with blanks in the past. Being that I have a stand alone burner, I have to use the discs that have the "digital audio recordable" logo on them, so no data discs. I have a couple of buddies that had trouble with certain brands of blanks, I never did until now! I had to toss half a spindle of blanks 'cos they didn't read! I usually go for Maxell or Sony, but these fucking Memorex blanks that I bought over the last few weeks have pissed me off. I was told that it's the change in the "color" of the bottom plastic of the disc. I have noticed that they have gotten lighter & lighter over the years. I returned a spindle, they looked like they had "prints" in between the plastic & the foil! Who the hell is making these fuckin' things?!
Some fucking retarded gorilla?! I got the second & sure enough, they were fucked as well! No prints on these. I cleaned the lenses on the burner & everything. Has anyone had trouble with blanks in the past?!

sixxswine said:
I cleaned the lenses on the burner & everything. Has anyone had trouble with blanks in the past?!
I copy my discs on the computer and everything from Maxell to Iimation works fine. In the past I had trouble with TDK and a friend burn a vinyl for me in one of those special CD-R Music only and after some months the metal in between the plastic had dissapeared and was unreadable!

I have CD-R burned from MP3 with blue bottom, green bottom, yellow bottom and straw/silver botoom and I haven't had a problem (aside from scratches due to misuse and abuse :lol:).

Now regarding Memorex in particular I had a huge trouble with some CD-RW that I bought years ago, nothing but trouble. They frozen in the machine, become unredeable, lost of data, etc. So maybe is the brand after all.

I am having some problems burning as well, but I think mine is software related. My "old" computer was one I built and I put in an HP burner that had it's own software and though I was never a fan of the giants like HP etc. I could not have been happier with the drive and the software. I don't think I ever had but two or three write errors over the years I used that PC. That drive also played some fairly scratched up discs. The one I have now (whoever made it for E-Machines) is not nearly as good. I'm not a guy who is brand loyal or even prefers a brand name, but I can tell you that if I ever buy another CDR drive, you can bet your ass it will be an HP because the one I had was a great piece of heardware.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I am having some problems burning as well, but I think mine is software related. My "old" computer was one I built and I put in an HP burner that had it's own software and though I was never a fan of the giants like HP etc. I could not have been happier with the drive and the software. I don't think I ever had but two or three write errors over the years I used that PC. That drive also played some fairly scratched up discs. The one I have now (whoever made it for E-Machines) is not nearly as good. I'm not a guy who is brand loyal or even prefers a brand name, but I can tell you that if I ever buy another CDR drive, you can bet your ass it will be an HP because the one I had was a great piece of heardware.

Bryant
HP is the way to go then. I haven't done much with the PC I got right now, I will have to upgrade & this one here will go in the kid's room for their school assignments & stuff like that. What's the difference between an E-Machine & a standard PC?!