BLAZE and DUNGEON, my thoughts....

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
Bearing in mind i have only had Tenth Dimension and Rise to Power for less than 48 hours and given each disc about 3 spins each.

BLAZE - TENTH DIMENSION

Okay, I take it back. I have previously stated that i think BLAZE was crap. Well i was too hasty in my judgement, I didnt like Silicon Messiah when i first heard it and am prepared to give it another go in the future after i have worn out Tenth Dimension.
Blaze has really found his niche with his own band where he can work to his strengths and have the music suit his voice. His voice has certainly improved, but at the same time he's not trying to do anything that he's not good at. The whole album sounds great, and i can understand why some people here (Spiff i think, or maybe spawn) would love to see Andy Sneap produce Maidens next album (even though it wont happen). The mix is prefect, and it has a great vibe, which is also due to the top musicianship.

No bad songs, but at this stage the standouts would be:
Kill and Destroy
The Tenth Dimension
Leap Of Faith
The Truth Revealed
Land Of The Blind (there something about the chorus, both guitar and Blaze's vocals that has a Sabbath/Ozzy feel to it - does anyone else agree with this?)

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DUNGEON - RISE TO POWER

WHOA! I didn't know Australia has such great metal bands. Now i admit to not normally digging so much furiously paced double kick drumming, and i dont like the track that has the cookie monster vocals, BUT, i havent been fast forwarding any tracks and there is some brilliant stuff on this album. Production is great.

Standout tracks for me so far are:
Rise To Power
The Other Side
Lost In The Light
Life Is Black

And i must say the cover of Wasted Years is as good as any, if not the best, Iron Maiden cover i have ever heard.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanx for the nice words there, man! :)

We knew some people would absolutely HATE Traumatised so that's a fair comment! What we didn't expect was for a lot of die-hard power fans getting into it, so that was an unexpected bonus for us!

Glad you like it, dude! See ya on the road sometime soon, maybe! :)

Woohoo cookie monster vocals!

I sent $30 off to Metal Mayhem, and assuming it doesn't get stolen between Bandung and Melbourne, I should be receiving ARTP in the next couple of weeks! :)

I don't like cookie monster vocals but I think Traumatized is cool. The vocals just sound like Kreator to me, and Kreator rock :)