Blaze

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Blaze is fucking awesome.

The Man That Would Not Die is an incredible album. I would go as far as to say, that it is the best example of a band bringing old school metal into the new era that I can think of. It is the perfect mix of old school vocals, song structures and melodies, with modern metal core influenced guitar tones, riffing, and ridiculous drumming. Ground breaking stuff. And Blaze sounds better than ever. His vocals sooaarr!

After seeing the setlist for his new DVD that is on the way (which looks great), I have decided to catch a gig while in the UK. At the moment it is looking to either be the Manchester or Birmingham date. I can't wait.

B L A Z E:kickass:

I like it, but I'm starting to have trouble listening to it. The lyrics are so damn cheesy, particularly "Smile Back At Death" and "Samurai". And not cheesy in a good way. In a way that I laugh at.

Yeah I was a little surprised as well. I guess he had a lot booked and felt he was up to carrying on and distracting himself.

I agree that he should be a bigger name right now. I am surprised to see he isn't playing any of the big metal festivals this year either. *shrug*

It probably didn't help that he had poor management when he went solo. That, and he'll always be known by most people as the guy who tried to replace a very popular singer in a band. Not many people can get past that sort of stigma (a hello to Gary Cherone, btw).

That is why he needs the exposure that a festival tour would give, to show people what he is doing now, and how awesome it is. You are right though, his management seem to have neglected the importance of such things as this, and getting his face in metal mags and on sampler cds, etc. Oh well, I am still stoked to be seeing him in June! :headbang:

He's doing a gig on May 30th that I'm tempted by (the day after mine and Blaze's birthday :)). I'm not a massive fan, but I've seen him live a few times and he puts on a good show. Might get tickets, I'll see how the mood strikes when I get back to London.

This is Bev, btw. Mark would have wanted me to point out that his birthday is August 3rd. I'll post the address for pressies/cards nearer the time.