Bleak video availabe!

Was concerned about the recording of the vocals throughout the vid, sounds like loads of strange phasing, listening to Bleak on mp3.com sounds just perfect however, so I suppose the issues are just in the video and show up mostly on the clean vocals. *yeah, blah blah etc*

Anyway, I'll add my motion of excitement for the DVD. :)

The sound isnt that great i can hear foldback in the vocals i think. And it also sounds like it needs to be re mastered. Or was recorded with lousy pres.

But it could be that that version wasn´t the final product either. Maybe they will master it before it´s release

My thoughts exactly! I hope there was an "axe cam" situated for some tasty shots.
If I remember it correctly one guy covered Axe quite a lot, but probably not the whole time. But it mostly comes down to the editing. Don't think there was a permanent "Axe cam" unfortunately, would have been nice with a fish eye HD-cam from front/above. I took some shots of him from the left side of the stage that turned out quite ok, some of them might be in the DVD's slideshow. We'll see.

/d.

Hmm, I downloaded the whole vid (well found it in my cache after loading it) and it is 36mb, the actual video goes right to the end of the song, 8:36. But without audio after the part where it cuts off on the site.

Pretty lame effort by peaceville, just upload the thing properly, use youtube whatever. Now we have half a song, I really want the audio to the rest of it. :D Actually I just really want the whole DVD now, early 08 seems insane. :(

It made it to the end of the super heavy part after the acoustic section before crapping out, and from that I noticed a few things:

The harmonized vocals sounded almost TOO good - is that actually what the keyboard player sounds like? Or did they go back in and edit his vocals out and edit in mikael singing the harmony part? It really sounded like the latter, but maybe he just somehow has an awesome voice.

The picture quality looks a lot more like a bootleg than I was expecting. Some of the camera angles, especially those of bassplayer, are as blurry as fawk. It's probably got something to do with how the venue was lit, but it stills looks crappier in terms of filming than lamentations. On the brighter side, at least the camera tends to actually show the people doing the most interesting stuff at that point in time. I was very pleased to get footage of mikael playing that whole acoustic break and most of the solo, I'm way too used to metal dvds showing the bass player during the guitar solo and the singer standing there watching during the drum solo, etc.

This is probably due to the compression on the video, but it was really hard to hear the bass in most of the distorted bits. Other than that the sound seemed amazing, this is the first I've ever been able to hear the keyboard player doing anything on any of the non-damnation/GR songs live.

Overall, I'll definitely be buying it, the picture is clear and the sound seems pretty damn impressive. Still seems kind of strange that lamentations LOOKED more professional, though.

lamentations was filmed great, however the filming on the mellow half was always better filmed. once the lights got down for the metal half it was not filmed nearly aswell.

this one has a nice majestic type vibe to it. Also the venue looks to be awesome!

i wish peaceville put this on itunes i would happily buy it now, then buy it again in real version.

Here's the streaming Flash Video encoded to AVI and dubbed with better Audio.
Video: DivX 400x240, 15 fps
Audio: MP3 160 kbps

Download

Yes, lets critique the whole DVD based off this small ass vid. Real smart.
What he said. Apart from the angles and performances, there's not too much too criticize. Well, maybe the vocal mixing between Per and Mikael, which sounds like it has been done by Beethoven, which, in case you didn't know, was deaf at the latter part of his life.

What he said. Apart from the angles and performances, there's not too much too criticize. Well, maybe the vocal mixing between Per and Mikael, which sounds like it has been done by Beethoven, which, in case you didn't know, was deaf at the latter part of his life.
Thought the harmonies sounded just fine, and Beethoven would get it perfect anyway, everyone knows he has the force. *der*