Bleeding

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
The new song on the band's myspace webpage - www.myspace.com/wolverineoverdose
Any thoughts?
I'm loving it, since it combines some of the heaviness of "The Window Purpose" with the intense emotions of "Cold Light Of Monday". I'm also loving it because the title is the same with a Psychotic Waltz album.
So (band) is it a good representative of the forthcoming album's sound?

Well, thanks for your kind words! The song is among the heavier songs on the album, there is about 3 or maybe 4 songs that is just as heavy as 'Bleeding' and then there are songs that are more mellow, just as a usual Wolverine album, right? ;) I think 'Bleeding' represents the energy within the band during the recording of the album, we really feel good about this album. I think it's the most solid Wolverine album so far, the song itself represents just that! :)

FatalDreams said:
Someone fill me in, what's "sleepy town"?
"Sleepy Town" is a rather odd piece of work for us but I love it and most people that have heard the album love it.

I don't really know how to describe it but in a way it's Bruce Springsteen in his more melancholic mood (anyone heard "Paradise" off "The Rising"?? Wonderful song!!). The band always say it sounds like a "road song" and by that we mean it feels like you're driving a car at dawn or dusk along some deserted highway focused only on the road after hours and hours of driving... I guess that doesn't say much but that's the way it makes me feel. :) It has a drumloop through the entire song, mellow keyboard strings and very sterile vocals plus some amazingly beautiful guitarwork. It's definitely one of my favorites off the album.

I love 'Bleeding', I had it in my MySpace profile for weeks :D I only took it off the other day cos I don't want to get tired of hearing it before the album even comes out. I've got a Wolverine banner on my profile though :D 'Still' is my most anticipated album of the year by far. I don't actually want to hear any more now till it's out - when I hear it I want to hear the whole album properly. Just wish it was out a bit sooner though! :cry: