One of the great things about Wolverine...

Vambo

Marble Eye
Nov 22, 2003
www.painofsalvation.com
... Is that every album sounds so different from the others.

I haven't heard Fervent Dream (Yet!) but The Window Purpose, Cold Light Of Monday & Still each have their own unique vibe. There are many bands out there who sound like they are constantly remaking the same album over and over again but that accusation could never be made against Wolverine.

I'm really looking forward to the next album to see what direction they take next but in the meantime I will continue to delve deep into the existing albums because what I'm finding is that the more you put into listening to these albums the more reward there is to be found.

I'm glad you feel that way because that's something that we always tried to do and something I am proud of that we have suceeded with.

Another band, that I in no way compare us to, that does (or at least did...) this is Queensrÿche. I mean, look at "Empire" and then "Promised Land" which was the follow up to the multiplatinum selling album that "Empire" was. Both albums are IMHO brilliant but yet so very different from eachother.

I'm glad you feel that way because that's something that we always tried to do and something I am proud of that we have suceeded with.

Another band, that I in no way compare us to, that does (or at least did...) this is Queensrÿche. I mean, look at "Empire" and then "Promised Land" which was the follow up to the multiplatinum selling album that "Empire" was. Both albums are IMHO brilliant but yet so very different from eachother.

I think Queensryche have seriously lost the plot now though:cry:

I'd absolutely agree with the first post, its great to have a selection of albums that offer so much depth, and really keep you listening for so much time. Wolverine are definately one of my favourite bands now, even though I've only been a fan for a fairly short amount of time. "Still" especially has really struck a chord with me (pun intended)...stunning album...I can't wait to hear what the guys come up with next :D

One of my favourite albums for these reasons would also have to be the most recent Ayreon album, the Human Equation. I always find new things returning to Symphony X albums as well - awesome!

I saw Queensryche on the 'Empire' tour where they played Op:Mindcrime in full and it was an incredible show and still one of my fave shows ever.

One of my favourite albums for these reasons would also have to be the most recent Ayreon album, the Human Equation.
Speaking of Ayreon, wouldn't it be amazing to hear Stefan on a future Ayreon album? Arjen Lucassen would be wise to collaborate with Stefan and utilise his broad spectrum of "moods"?

Four Swedes that I'd love to work with Mr Lucassen: Dan Swano, Daniel Gildenlow, Tom Englund, and Stefan Zell.

Hey Stefan, you a fan of Ayreon too?

Hey Stefan, you a fan of Ayreon too?

Not really a fan although there are some tracks I do enjoy a lot. For example I love a song that Anneke from The Gathering sang on... Don't remember the name though... something with "valley" in the title??? I'm sure you know which one I mean.

Ayreon is however not really my cup of tea generally speaking but I admire Mr Lucassen as a musician. He's without doubt extremely talented and it would of course be very interesting to work with him but I doubt that will happen. I would think he wants musicians from a bit more known bands than one like Wolverine. Then again, you never know.

Right now I'm listening a lot to a band who's singer has worked several times with Lucassen: Symphony X and their new album Paradise Lost. I just love Russell's voice and overall the musicianship is amazing. I would have liked the album even more if it had a few more softer songs. It's a pretty aggressive album and there's nothing wrong in that but it would be nice with a little more variation. Overall a great album though! Can't wait to see them in September when they get here as the opening act for DT.

Not really a fan although there are some tracks I do enjoy a lot. For example I love a song that Anneke from The Gathering sang on... Don't remember the name though... something with "valley" in the title??? I'm sure you know which one I mean.

Ayreon is however not really my cup of tea generally speaking but I admire Mr Lucassen as a musician. He's without doubt extremely talented and it would of course be very interesting to work with him but I doubt that will happen. I would think he wants musicians from a bit more known bands than one like Wolverine. Then again, you never know.

Right now I'm listening a lot to a band who's singer has worked several times with Lucassen: Symphony X and their new album Paradise Lost. I just love Russell's voice and overall the musicianship is amazing. I would have liked the album even more if it had a few more softer songs. It's a pretty aggressive album and there's nothing wrong in that but it would be nice with a little more variation. Overall a great album though! Can't wait to see them in September when they get here as the opening act for DT.

Thats why wolverine is so great, you mix heavy with laid back. I like it when you don't know whats coming next. Ayreon dosen't do a great deal for me either, i would like to see stefan on a flower kings project:kickass:

Glad to hear some positive comments for the album...I've only heard the track they released on their website, but it sounds like a fantastic album. A shame though that you say there aren't any softer songs on the album...some of my fave songs of theirs are their softer songs, like Communion & The Oracle, and The Accolade.

Hey hey!
I see you guys are discussing Symphony X and this happens to be among my 3 favorite bands on the planet so I feel like I need to express my opinion as well.I gotta say I agree with Stefan on their latest album,but I would go even further.It was too much of an agonizing wait for an album that seems to bring a completely different band!Even though I think the title track is alone worth the whole disc,I feel here they kinda lost the element that made me feel so passionate about their music for so many years. The thing about SX for me is soulfulness....feeling....atmosphere (exactly as it is with Wolverine) and this album is way too aggressive and repetitive,making it almost too difficult to cope with at times,honestly.Not that a band can´t try and evolve into different directions and not that I have already given up on them because of this,but I have to admit I was a bit frustrated. Oh well,no one can please everyone all the time and they are still one of the only two bands able to bring tears to my eyes every time I push the play button.

Anyway,already agonizing about their next album as a good and loyal fan...and wondering whether or not it is going to be released before the end of the next decade.
Ok I was mean now.Sorry.

Cheers guys!:)

Hey hey!
I see you guys are discussing Symphony X and this happens to be among my 3 favorite bands on the planet so I feel like I need to express my opinion as well.I gotta say I agree with Stefan on their latest album,but I would go even further.It was too much of an agonizing wait for an album that seems to bring a completely different band!Even though I think the title track is alone worth the whole disc,I feel here they kinda lost the element that made me feel so passionate about their music for so many years. The thing about SX for me is soulfulness....feeling....atmosphere (exactly as it is with Wolverine) and this album is way too aggressive and repetitive,making it almost too difficult to cope with at times,honestly.Not that a band can´t try and evolve into different directions and not that I have already given up on them because of this,but I have to admit I was a bit frustrated. Oh well,no one can please everyone all the time and they are still one of the only two bands able to bring tears to my eyes every time I push the play button.

Anyway,already agonizing about their next album as a good and loyal fan...and wondering whether or not it is going to be released before the end of the next decade.
Ok I was mean now.Sorry.

Cheers guys!:)

Hopefully they're not heading in the dream theater direction:cry:

Yeh Mark you got a point there.Some may disagree but today DT are nothing but a bunch of lads competing among themselves in my opinion.Kinda like Malmsteen I´d say. In his early career he had soul and indentity...Today it´s all about wanking and the pursue of a perfection that doesnt exist! So unbearable I bet not even he is able to listen to himself.

I heard 2 of DT´s latest songs on youtube and I was shocked,really.
At least we can stick to Images and Words, and Awake...that are truly fantastic albums!

Yeh Mark you got a point there.Some may disagree but today DT are nothing but a bunch of lads competing among themselves in my opinion.Kinda like Malmsteen I´d say. In his early career he had soul and indentity...Today it´s all about wanking and the pursue of a perfection that doesnt exist! So unbearable I bet not even he is able to listen to himself.

I heard 2 of DT´s latest songs on youtube and I was shocked,really.
At least we can stick to Images and Words, and Awake...that are truly fantastic albums!

Indeed....Images And Words is for me still they´re best piece of work ever!!!

I really like the over-the-top aggression on the new SymX album.

"Promised Land" is Queensryche's underappreciated masterpiece.

Wolverine rules.