your first wolverine experience encounter.

Traum said:
Stefan, YOULL HAVE TO COME TO VIENNA ;)
edit:
Is this evil looking guy in your ava you??
I'd love to play in Vienna. Hopefully that will happen soon but then again you never know. We have actually been in touch with a guy that are supposed to organise some kind of festival over there but I haven't heard from him in a while so I'm not sure if it will happen or not. If it happens I think it will happen somewhere around September. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, that's me. It's one of the promotion photos for "Still". But I can be pretty happy at times as well. :)

I can't even recall how I got into Wolverine. I think I may have just blind purchased The Window Purpose and have been a huge fan since. I'm quite disappointed to see the band won't be at Progpower USA yet again in 2007. I hope each year for them, but no such luck. I'm about to look into flying over to Sweden or wherever I have to go to see them live sometime. lol.

*bump*

TBH, I decided to check out some samples from TWP, since I thought Wolverine was an interesting name for what I thought was a melodeath band. Anyway, the first sample was "Coma" and I literally said out loud "Holy shit, these guys are tremendous!" It only took about 10 seconds for me to see this. So I bought the album then and there and I am now a certified Wolverine fanatic.

I heard the song echoes about 5 years ago and havn't looked back:worship:

First, I have to explain one thing: I accidently happened to edit your post when I thought I was replying to it so that's why it says it was edited by me... Sorry for that!

What I was going to say was that I think "Echoes" is a good song although I pretty much dispise our performance on the album version, as I do with the entire FD-album. That's why I'd love to play it live some day and give our take on it based on what kind of band we are today. I've tried to get the other guys into it but haven't really suceeded. Now that I was reminded of the track I think I'll give it one more try... :loco:

First, I have to explain one thing: I accidently happened to edit your post when I thought I was replying to it so that's why it says it was edited by me... Sorry for that!

What I was going to say was that I think "Echoes" is a good song although I pretty much dispise our performance on the album version, as I do with the entire FD-album. That's why I'd love to play it live some day and give our take on it based on what kind of band we are today. I've tried to get the other guys into it but haven't really suceeded. Now that I was reminded of the track I think I'll give it one more try... :loco:

I'm sure the fans would appreciate it enormously, it's a classic. I am sure the reaction would be tremendous:kickass:

Well, I've been lurking around a while in this forum and I think it's time for me to do my premiere post in this thread.

I live in the same city as the band (Söderhamn) and have obviously heard of them, but not any of the music for some strange reason. I've been into the progressive rock-music since the beginning of the 90:s but I just didn't like the progressive metal-bands that much. But thanks to the excellent, and now blocked, service at www.pandora.com I started to listen to Opeth and gradually grew into the heavier side of prog and then it came naturally to check Wolverine out. And the perfect way to check them out is to see them live. Me and my friend, Robin F, went to the release-party for the album Still and was completely blown away by the songs, performance and musical skills so I bought all the records available and I haven't regretted it one bit. :)

Later I've also found out that a colleague of mine, russel, is active in this forum and also a friend of the band. It's a small world.

Well I was a bit late to Wolverine I'm sad to say. I'd heard the name for years but never heard anything by them and had always mean't to check them out but for some reason just never got around to doing so.
Then last December (the 23rd to be exact!) I had gone into town to do some last minute xmas shopping when I decided to treat myself to a new cd whilst I was busy spending my hard earned readies on pressies for everyone else. The local record shop is a bit crappy to be honest but does throw up the occasional gem and when I saw they had 'Still' I was tempted although it came down to a choice between that and 'Runn' by Enslaved.
I opted for 'Still' and was somewhat gobsmacked by the quality of the songwriting and the performance. Best album of 2006 for me.

Just yesterday I ordered the first two albums via the Earache website (They are on special offer btw if anyone else still needs to buy them) and can't wait for them to arrive :kickass: :headbang:

There are a lot of negative things one could say about Earache (given our history with them...) but something that's really great about them is their webstore. I haven't checked it out in a while but last time I was there, even the fullprice CD's were really cheap and they ship pretty fast. A great example for other record companies to follow.

Through my boyfriend, but it actually took some amount of time before I really noticed them. But now I love their music.

I think I read about them somewhere in the Katatonia forum. I really liked "the window purpuse", but not "cold light of monday." When "Still" came out I didn't really like that one either, but now my eyes have opened. I love them all! Keep up the awesome work guys!

Just a thought...if you can manage to convince them, perhaps a re-release someday "crosses fingers hopefully*??? :kickass:

My first encouter with Wolverine was in '99. They opened the first edition of ProgPower in Tilburg, the Netherlands.
Never heard of them before and became a fan since that show. What i rember most of that gig is the drummer who also did the growls and the guys being extremely nice.

Just a thought...if you can manage to convince them, perhaps a re-release someday "crosses fingers hopefully*??? :kickass:

Getting them to play a song off the album is one thing but getting them to re-record and re-release the album is something completely different. I doubt that will ever happen. :cry:

It would however be nice to re-record some of the tracks (for example "Echoes") and simply put it out through our website. Just like we did with the song "North" that originally appeared on our second demo (that we released back in -97).

What i rember most of that gig is the drummer who also did the growls and the guys being extremely nice.

Thanks! I remember how excited we were back then since it was our first trip with the band outside Sweden.

The night before we played in Belgium at some concert arranged by Mindview Magazine (I think that was their name...) and we didn't get back to Holland and Tilburg until 3 or 4 in the morning. I was terrified that I would not be able to sing during the PP-gig because of the lack of sleep but it turned out to be a great gig and we had the time of our lives up on that stage and the room was packed with people. It's a night I will always remember as one of the highlights in our career.

We actually filmed the entire trip but when we got back we discovered that we had forgotten to plug in the microphone of the camera so we ended up having the entire trip filmed... but without sound! Bummer!!

But then again, it's nice to have the concert only as a memory. That way I can pretend we sounded amazing. :headbang: