your first wolverine experience encounter.

ikoz

i have been misslead
Mar 17, 2003
israel
well friends.
you are welcome to write your own first experience of meeting wolverine music.

MY WOLVERINE STORY
mine started years ago when a pos forum friend recommended their window purpose album.
i heard few samples through their site & loved it.i bought the cd & was blown away by the unique melancholic atmosphere,the sheer prog power & great musicianship.
together with a real special emotional vocals ( its hard to find rare vocals that has its own different distinguished colour in this sea of progmetal sounds a like...singers.)
intelligent lyrics were a real bonus for me....( no more demons & dragons..:D:D:D)
the rest was history....
sweden has yet again proved it has the greatest musicians of this era.....:D:D:D

best wishes
ikoz.

Well..
We spoke about this in Baarlo during ProgPower.
The conclusion was..
A friend of mine, Hanna was joining a few friends of mine for a weekend in Göteborg.
Liseberg(amusement park) and a small, free festival(Slottsskogen goes Progressive)
arranged by GARF(Göteborgs Art Rock Förening) in the park named Slottsskogen.
We were 13 people from Örebro and slept at Slottsskogens youth hostel in a 14bed dormitory.
Hanna was supposed to make an interview with Wolverine and dragged me away from my friends and the sun where we drank red wine and beer in the sunny park and played games to say hello to Wolverine.
They made a very good performance along with Quidam.

Line up was...
Woverine (Sweden),
Lucifer Was (Norway)
Quidam (Poland)

Afterwards the 'party' continued at Oceanen with
Lotus (Sweden)
Grovjobb (Sweden)

The time of this was in mid august back in 2000!

/Håkan

wow this is like sitting round the camp fire...but not...

ive never met any of the guys but saw them playing last night, but me and my lady friend were so impressed we gave them 'really cool' nick names like Naked Guy and Hot Keyboard Player because we didnt know what their names were..

Anyways in all seriousness, they played well, made a nice break up in the line up too from all the female goth music..its nice going to a gig, seeing a band you've never even heard of and find they're a top band...

...now im off to hatch a cunning plan to get wolverine back into the UK :heh:

cavegirl said:
ive never met any of the guys but saw them playing last night, but me and my lady friend were so impressed we gave them 'really cool' nick names like Naked Guy and Hot Keyboard Player because we didnt know what their names were..

"Hot Keyboard Player" is Per. I'm sure he'll love his new nickname. :) If you've been looking for him at our website you'll find he's not there since he's a stand-in for our original keyboardplayer Andreas.

But who the heck is "Naked Guy"?????? :)

cavegirl said:
...now im off to hatch a cunning plan to get wolverine back into the UK

Sounds good! Keep me informed! :headbang:

Not to sound full of myself in any way but I kind of like this thread. It's very interesting to hear about how people "discovered" us.

From my memory - I beleive I was recommended to listen to you guys on the basis you "sounded a bit like Opeth - only more prog" - this was about 2 or so years ago. I can't remember who told me this but it meant I had to do some digging to find you.

At the time it was really impossible to get hold of "The Window Purpose" when it was on DVS records - but I eventually found it on ebay after a few months of searching. It was bloody brilliant stuff when I got it :D

A few months later and "Cold Light" was released on Elitist and that sealed my love of the band. Have to say I was also mighty pleased with the "Window Purpose" remaster as it sounded fantastic - a much meatier sound. (So at least some good came from Arseache records!).

I am still hoping and praying I find a copy of "Fervent Dream" - but to this day I've had no luck at all... :cry: of course technology has allowed me to, ahem, "hear" the songs, and "More than Grief" is possibly my favourite Wolverine song full-stop, but I'd really like to get a proper copy for myself! (So if anyone knows where the hell I can get one, let me know). :)

Skunk Monk said:
I am still hoping and praying I find a copy of "Fervent Dream" - but to this day I've had no luck at all... :cry: of course technology has allowed me to, ahem, "hear" the songs, and "More than Grief" is possibly my favourite Wolverine song full-stop, but I'd really like to get a proper copy for myself! (So if anyone knows where the hell I can get one, let me know). :)

If you want I can find out what it will cost us to send you a copy of FD. I have a few copies left. We charge around 10 euros for it.

Just let me know!

cavegirl said:
wow this is like sitting round the camp fire...but not...

Anyways in all seriousness, they played well, made a nice break up in the line up too from all the female goth music..its nice going to a gig, seeing a band you've never even heard of and find they're a top band...

...now im off to hatch a cunning plan to get wolverine back into the UK :heh:
Ugh, you're complaining about female fronted goth bands, while I'd die to see some of the good ones touring the US :erk: :cry:

My best exposure is gotham radio and my local record store that has no problems importing for me at domestic prices.

My first Wolverine experience was hearing Skunk Monk play their albums. I thought they sounded good and then forgot about them for about a year. Then I was rummaging through his cd collection for something new to listen to, saw CLOM and decided to give it a listen and fell in love with it! I bought the remastered Window Purpose as Rich had the original, reviewed it for Metal Monk, started a Wolverine Last.FM group (see the link in my sig and please sign up!), signed up to the old Wolverine forum and here I am. :D

Domine, I think some PMing is in order. ahm.

Anyway, my story is a rather not interesting one...
I have to thank ikoz here for mentioning you guys in the Israeli Dream Theater fan club forums. :)

Quite a find it was!
Awesome music and very good lyrics, down-to-earth band members, talk with their fans... What more can you ask for? (Well, maybe Han here can... ;)).

I happened to download Again, a long long time ago...
It was something I just found by random.... And well...

that's about that... Again is still my favourite Wolverine song!

*grins* next time you play in the uk it should be in the nude...or at least the half nude :D

anyways heres my pics, they were on my myspazz blog but not everyone can see it, so here they are...

1221121.jpg

1221051.jpg

1220591.jpg

1220511.jpg

1220471.jpg

1220421.jpg

1220381.jpg

1220341.jpg

..from my camera phone so not the best quality but still its wolverine in action..

Hmm ... how did I found this great band.

Some of you will not know this page ( because of your lack of the german language ;) ) but www.babyblaue-seiten.de has led me to almost 95 percent of my current musictaste. its the biggest progressive rock website I know world wide, and as far as I am concerned it is by far the best.
Although Wolverine didn`t get that much credit from them, I was very interested in the mix of death vocals and progmetal. (I was looking for it because I love bands like Opeth, Nocte Obducta, Agalloch ...),
So Ive bought the TWP record and felt in love with them.

Sorry for the bad english. Im pretty drunk and cant really think rational :) good night to you all

Stefan, YOULL HAVE TO COME TO VIENNA ;)
edit:
Is this evil looking guy in your ava you??