Blending toms...

If the tuning is different i would find one that fitted spot on or not replace at all. Normally I'd make samples of the drummer kit and replace his own kit with his own samples. Unless of course they have really shitty skins/drums etc then i just end up replacing with a good sample 100% and i just auotmate the rolls a bit softer in the O.H so it's not noticable.

find a sample that's close to what you need...pitch shift it to match the tom you're blending it with, re-render as a new .wav file, then blend it in there

I just tune them right, mic them right, then yell, "HIT THEM HARDER, YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" at the drummer all day.

If that doesn't work, I'll go on to explain that Karen Carpenter hit harder & she died of anorexia.... quite ironic that the big, tough death metal drummer is being shown up by a skinny chick from a 70's soft-rock band.:heh:

I just tune them right, mic them right, then yell, "HIT THEM HARDER, YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" at the drummer all day.

If that doesn't work, I'll go on to explain that Karen Carpenter hit harder & she died of anorexia.... quite ironic that the big, tough death metal drummer is being shown up by a skinny chick from a 70's soft-rock band.:heh:

:lol: Unfortunately I don't possess the drum recording abilities you do... One of these days!

Funny you say this Oz....

The hardest hitting drummer i had the pleasure of recording was this skinny kid maybe 80lbs soaking wet. He has a muscle disease were he can't gain muscle like you or me. Its crazy how much he shows up there other guys that are 4x the size of him. :zombie:

Funny you say this Oz....

The hardest hitting drummer i had the pleasure of recording was this skinny kid maybe 80lbs soaking wet. He has a muscle disease were he can't gain muscle like you or me. Its crazy how much he shows up there other guys that are 4x the size of him. :zombie:

Now that's the kind of guy you want to work with!