Blind Guardian "At the Edge of Time" 08-24-10

Where did you pre-order them? I've looked on Nuclear Blast and Amazon and They don't have an option for pre-order.

The single I will probably just purchace the mp3. The album I will buy the digi-pack. Although the pyramid sounds cool but from what I hear it's gonna be expensive.

I'm sure you can order it thru Nuclear Blast.de, it'll be expensive though.

I pre-ordered from CDinzane.com, where it is expensive (the 2 disc digi), but so be it. It's comparable to a european order and it'll be here before the slow later US release so I shouldn't complain about the cost...

I'm looking forward to this. Though I didn't think A Twist on the Myth was wonderful, I liked it better than A Night at the Opera.

Agreed. Although I thought "Twist" was very good. It was definately better than "A Night at the Opera"

I thought A Night at the Opera was epic as fuck. I just have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. Nightfall and Imaginations are my favs.

I thought A Night at the Opera was epic as fuck. I just have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. Nightfall and Imaginations are my favs.

A Night at the Opera has their best song in "And Then There Was Silence", so it's a favorite of mine. Actually, the only BG albums I don't (L)ove are Somewhere Far Beyond and Tales From the Twilight World.

ANATO is an amazing album. Is it their best? No, at least not in my opinion. Obviously, whether or not it's a good album is subjective.

I can't wait for the new album, I'm pretty sure that it's going to blow away ATITM. I thought that album was pretty meh... I'm counting the days!

Yeah, this board is the first time I've ever heard of people not liking ANATO. Interesting. My fave is still Nightfall, which I doubt will ever be surpassed.

Giant ANATO fan here. It seems to me whether or not one likes ANATO basically comes down to how much symphonic you like in your metal. Those who don't, don't like ANATO. Those who do (count me in), love it. Precious Jerusalem, Sadly Sings Destiny, and And Then There Was Silence are some of my favorite BG songs. Imaginations is my fav though. Rock solid from start to finish; I never skip a track.

Giant ANATO fan here. It seems to me whether or not one likes ANATO basically comes down to how much symphonic you like in your metal. Those who don't, don't like ANATO. Those who do (count me in), love it. Precious Jerusalem, Sadly Sings Destiny, and And Then There Was Silence are some of my favorite BG songs. Imaginations is my fav though. Rock solid from start to finish; I never skip a track.

Battlefield is another great one from ANATO.

A new sample of "A Voice in the Dark"

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/A-Voice-In-The-Dark/dp/B003PNJ4KQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1275788564&sr=8-3"]http://www.amazon.com/A-Voice-In-The-Dark/dp/B003PNJ4KQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1275788564&sr=8-3[/ame]

I never cared for ANATO neither.
Nothing really catchy.

And Then Their Was Silence is the only keeper for me.

Don't get me started on A Twist In The Myth.
Some of the worst songwriting ever on a BG album.
Another Stranger Me.....serious?????
Could have been a modern IN FLAMES tune, lyrically that is.

That being said, I am still interested in new material, because BG are a band who is definitely capable of greatness.

Yeah, this board is the first time I've ever heard of people not liking ANATO. Interesting. My fave is still Nightfall, which I doubt will ever be surpassed.

I think the biggiest problem with Opera is that it followed Nightfall. Seriously, what isn't going to be a let down after Nightfall?

I never cared for ANATO neither.
Nothing really catchy.

And Then Their Was Silence is the only keeper for me.

Don't get me started on A Twist In The Myth.
Some of the worst songwriting ever on a BG album.
Another Stranger Me.....serious?????
Could have been a modern IN FLAMES tune, lyrically that is.

That being said, I am still interested in new material, because BG are a band who is definitely capable of greatness.

Damn, I loved "Another Stranger Me." Great video too.