Blind Guardian "At the Edge of Time" 08-24-10

Not a huge fan of BG, I have to be in a certain mood. Imaginations Nightfall and Night at the Opera are my favorites of theirs, and this album sounds pretty sweet based on the clips I've heard.

I never cared for ANATO neither.
Nothing really catchy.

And Then Their Was Silence is the only keeper for me.

I don't really get this. For me, the best songs were "Battlefield" and "Wait For An Answer". I really liked "And Then There Was Silence" as well. Songs like "Precious Jerusalem" and "The Soulforged" were pretty solid. A very good album overall.

I don't disagree with you about Myth, tho. It wasn't bad, but there wasn't anything particularly memorable about the album either.

Was I the only one that liked A Twist In the Myth? I thought it was a great return to the Imaginations sound.

no, I absolutely loved most of the stuff on 'A Twist in the Myth', it brought some badly needed new color and atmospheres to BG's sound without it ending up awkward like on 'ANATO'. 'Otherland', 'Lionheart', 'Fly', 'This Will Never End' are some of my most played songs of the discography, easy. For the record, my favorite BG albums are 'Tales From The Twilight World' and 'Nightfall in Middle Earth'.

New song is sounding ok, but in the way that 'Another Stranger Me' did, where it's obviously not the best thing on the album, and kind of goes through some motions.

I've been listening to the album for a few days now. Still having a hard time giving my final verdict, but so far I like it. It still has that "new era" Blind Guardian vibe to it (some of what we saw in AToTM), but some songs in this one are friggin awesome (Tanelorn, Ride Into My Obsession - chorus is memorable -, Valkyries, Curse My Name are my favorites). It's not a return to good old Blind Guardian, but it may be the best in a while.

EDIT after listening to it more - THIS ALBUM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought A Night at the Opera was epic as fuck. I just have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. Nightfall and Imaginations are my favs.

I thought "A Night at the Opera" must have been a hard turd to shit out. The record label had to use stool softener to help release that one. This was the end of my Blind Guardian as God phase.

I'll give credit where due though. The new disc seems to have some keepers on it

"Germany's BLIND GUARDIAN have attained the highest first-week sales numbers in the United States in the history of their existence. With sales of over 4,500 units of their tenth studio album, At The Edge Of Time, Blind Guardian secured the #1 position on the Billboard Heatseekers chart and also debuted at #108 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.

In Canada, At The Edge Of Time debuted at #18 on the Top Hard Music Albums chart and #108 on the Top 200 chart according to Nielsen Canadian Soundscan.

Checking in from Germany, lead singer and lyricist Hansi Kürsch, shares his elation over the Billboard chart news: "I am really happy to see that At the Edge Of Time has created such a massive impact amongst our loyal legions of Northern American bards and minstrels. Thanks for your great support. Now join in our singing and dance with us on this glorious day. Still, this is just a beginning: Mission is not completed. :) Can´t wait to sing the new songs with you when we are coming by. Dates will soon be revealed!" "

http://www.bravewords.com/news/145574