Blind Guardian - At The Edge of Time

BrightEyes

Apr 7, 2006
Gold Coast
Hey
Has anyone else listened to this album?
Didn't particularly care for the last one but my first impression of this album is I that like it. That first track, what an opener!

This album reminds me of a mix of their old and new stuff. Quite good.

I read an interview where they said they should be coming back to Australia next year. So hopefully that comes true.

One of my favourite bands, but a Twist in the Myth was ordinary, with a few exceptions (though most of the songs have grown on me). There's definitely hints of their older "style" in the new album and yet still stuff that sounds like new BG... Every song has BG written all over it, what hits me about a lot of these songs is they've got elements of the old and new era within a single song. "A voice in the dark" is a great example of older BG with the more modern elements, same with Ride into Obsession. Road of No Release sounds more where BG have been going the past two albums, but to me just sounds fresher than most of the stuff on Twist.

Definitely better than a Twist, and some songs are up with BG's best. The last half of Wheel of Time sounds fantastic, wish BG would interplay heavy orchestration and guitars like this more often.

Hopefully they come back to Oz, they're impressive live.

It's not their best cover.. and definitely could have been done much, much better, especially when you hear how big the vocals on the new album sound.

Yeah I wasn't particularly a fan of their cover of You're the Voice. If anything Hansi does have the vocal ability to pull off that song well. Their other covers are pretty good. But this one was missing something...