Blind Guardian touring!

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
Sorry to get your hopes up, as it is in November 2006 :cool:

BLIND GUARDIAN singer Hansi Kürsch has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"Here is a short update about what is going on at the moment: Frederik [Ehmke, new BLIND GUARDIAN drummer] did some kick-ass drum arrangements for the new songs and now Oliver Holzwarth has started working on the bass arrangements. At the same time André, Marcus and I are fixing final arrangement issues but basically we have finished the biggest part of composing. We are going to start the production for the new album somewhere during the last days of August. As you can imagine everyone is highly motivated, excited and of course ready to go."

BLIND GUARDIAN's "very rough" schedule for the next months:

Late August - End of November:
*Recording [and] mixing of the first single
*Video shoot

December 2005/January 2006:
*Mixing

February/March 2006:
*Promotion
* Release of the first single

April/May 2006:
*Release of the album and warm-up shows

June – August 2006:
*Warm-up shows
*South America
*Japan
*Release of the second single

September – October 2006:
*Europe

November 2006:
*Japan
*Australia

December 2006 – February 2007:
*USA, Mexico and Canada

from blabbermouth, obviously.

I only have 1 BG album... Its a double with Digi Pack packaging and artwork by Derek Riggs..... Not sure what its called....
No wait, I think thats Gamma Ray??
I'm not at home so I can't check.

Pretty sure I haven't heard any BG

As you were

I hope to have the second single from my new album out by August 2006 too. Maybe I should do a co-headling tour with Hasni & co. :)

I bought Nightfall a few weeks ago. Awesome.

Coming up I have the Fozzy gig, hope to make it to the Vanishing Point/Black Majesty/Eyefear/Voyager/someone else gig, hope to make it to Bodom (but kind of unlikely), I am going to Foo Fighters, The Tea Party are scheduled to be back in October and I am not going to miss that one. Crue/Motorhead in December that I would have liked to catch. I only saw Queens Of The Stone Age a couple of weeks back, and that isn't to mention all the gigs I saw and the ones I would have liked to have seen in the first half of the year. I am also attending 2 wrestling shows in coming months. After all that, who knows what else could be announced. Argh!

That's one I've got on my list, along with Imaginations From The Other Side and Tales From The Twilight World. Nightfall should probably be there too, but I'll save that until I've listened to the others. I've heard it's great but not necessarily the best one to start with.

W

I also started with Nightfall, I reckon it's their best effort. Although Somewhere Far Beyond and Imaginations are pretty close behind.. Depends on the day, really :)

I've got Nightfall and Somewhere.... Hmmm perhaps I should dig them out and give them a listen.