BLIND GUARDIAN - Two North American Live Dates Announced

Curufin said:
From Hansi's interview at www.metal-rules.com.. Leaves' Eyes, Evergrey, and Dark Tranquility were mentioned as possibilities.

I would be very content with Leaves' Eyes, ecstatic about Evergrey (though I tire of them only opening :( ), and not as interested in Dark Tranquility.

Never heard Leaves Eyes so no comment.

As for Evergrey and DT, they would be ok openers but I would hope for a more power metallish opener.

I would be very happy with Dark Tranquillity, as they usually tour the states on not-so hot bills. Leaves Eyes have the "trendy" factor right now (Liv Kristine mentioned in all the "Hot Metal Women" articles, though she isn't that hot.) I have never heard them so I can't comment either.

Evergrey would not be that exciting of a choice, as it isn't very difficult to see them or anything.

When they were here in California in December of 2002, the place was PACKED. My guess is that if they are scheduled in Arizona, they'll almost have to hit Los Angeles.......and if they don't, its a road trip for me......

actordude said:
When they were here in California in December of 2002, the place was PACKED. My guess is that if they are scheduled in Arizona, they'll almost have to hit Los Angeles.......and if they don't, its a road trip for me......

They will most likely go Arizona->SoCal->Norcal->North to Seattle or East to somewhere like Denver and then cover the rest of the country from there. So don't worry; if there's an Arizona date, there will certainly be an LA date.

And we basically know there won't be an Atlanta date. Though for this... maybe I'll go to Florida or Carolinas. Or make work pay for my travel to Virginia... and stay for a friday night =/

when I heard mention of DT, I almost lost my lunch. Dark Tranquility would defintely be easier to stomach than Dream Theater though. I didn't even think of them, from the 3 bands mentioned, I'd like to see Dark Tranq most, as I'll have already seen Evergrey twice.