Blind Guardian December 7 House of Blues Orlando

Why exactly doesn't PR get a lot of metal shows? I'm half-Puerto Rican so I've been over there a few times to visit family, and every time I go I'm astounded by the CD selections in normal retail stores. It's not every day that you see places like Walmart carrying Helloween discs! I'm surprised that with the large fanbase over there they don't get more shows. Is it a logistics issue or do the promotors just suck?

Anybody attending to this show, its gonna be a hell of a show, TWIST IN THE MYTH TOUR 2006 WITH BLIND GUARDIAN WITH OPENERS LEAVES EYES, and December 6 CANNIBAL CORPSE WITH DYING FETUS, NECROPHAGIST AND UNMERCIFULL, Finally gonna see Blind Guardian!!!!:headbang: :kickass:

I think BG is being followed everywhere by Cannibal Corpse. BG was awesome last nite in Denver (Englewood) and CC plays tonight. Hansi's voice sounded heavier up here - maybe it's the altitude or thus far into the tour but to me it sounded better than normal. Of course, it could be that i was finally seeing BG life too :worship:

Leave's Eyes was good as well. As much as I wanted to see them live, I still find it a bit of an odd match for such a high tempo band as BG - but hey, 2 birds with 1 stone right?

You guys in FL enjoy this one - I think you will :)
nitey nite oh crap its 745am, gotta get a little sleep
jeff

I think BG is being followed everywhere by Cannibal Corpse. BG was awesome last nite in Denver (Englewood) and CC plays tonight. Hansi's voice sounded heavier up here - maybe it's the altitude or thus far into the tour but to me it sounded better than normal. Of course, it could be that i was finally seeing BG life too :worship:

Here, BG follows Cannibal Corpse. I don't really like CC at all, but I absolutely LOVE Necrophagist. I'm not sure if I want to dish out the money to see them, though, especially when that money can be put to damn good use at the BG show. Please let me know if Necrophagist is worth the full ticket price.

Why exactly doesn't PR get a lot of metal shows? I'm half-Puerto Rican so I've been over there a few times to visit family, and every time I go I'm astounded by the CD selections in normal retail stores. It's not every day that you see places like Walmart carrying Helloween discs! I'm surprised that with the large fanbase over there they don't get more shows. Is it a logistics issue or do the promotors just suck?

Well the cd selection in PR from the stores is pretty well I would say myself . About many shows? Well I went to PR once and luckily enough Monstrosity was playing there. It was a good show. I only imagine they don't get that many shows from touring bands because PR is a seperate small Island from the rest of the U.S. and if the touring band is only going to PR to play 1 show then it probably costs bands too much to haul their equipment there if the promoter in PR isn't gonna pay them well. Another time I went their Stryper played there but i'm not a fan. I know Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Divine Empire, Dying Fetus, Dream Theater, and Mago de oz have played their as well.

Like we say, anywhere you go, there's always at least one Boricua.

Hope to see you at PPVIII brother!!!:kickass:

That is very true... Don't get me wrong there are other PR's out here in Las Vegas and in California but I haven't met any other PR metal fans in either place. lol It's all good. Hopefully I can make it to PP next year. :headbang: I might be going to Mexico next year for Monterrey Metal fest though. I was gonna go this year but I was low on $$$. This year at Monterrey Metal fest featured... Blind Guardian, Deicide, Obituary, Edguy, Sadus, Leave eyes, Cathedral, and U.D.O. and I personally would have loved to seen this! It seems to get bigger each year. Plus Monterrey is cheaper to travel to. If i can make PP i will though.

Well the cd selection in PR from the stores is pretty well I would say myself . About many shows? Well I went to PR once and luckily enough Monstrosity was playing there. It was a good show. I only imagine they don't get that many shows from touring bands because PR is a seperate small Island from the rest of the U.S. and if the touring band is only going to PR to play 1 show then it probably costs bands too much to haul their equipment there if the promoter in PR isn't gonna pay them well. Another time I went their Stryper played there but i'm not a fan. I know Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Divine Empire, Dying Fetus, Dream Theater, and Mago de oz have played their as well.

There has been a lot of shows here within the last couple of years. For example during PP weekend last year, Judas Priest was playing in Puerto Rico. Last year also, Megadeth visited, Motley Crue, Toto, Saga. During the last 15 years we have enjoyed Iron Maiden (once), Pantera (once), Sepultura (once), Slayer (once), even Hammerfall (once), Anthrax (twice), Ankla, Hatebreed, etc...

But reality is, there's a lot of metal fans in here, but the ticket prices for the shows the last couple of years have been ridiculous. That kind of explains to a certain degree, why the big shows like Priest, have drawn only like 2,500 people. And if those shows turn out "empty" , the promoters are not gonna risk losing money to bring less economically attractive bands. But on a better note, Dream Theater was supposed to draw at least 3 to 4,000. To the surprise of everybody, they got form 8 to 9,000 people. The promoter was the happiest man in PR that day. Also, the venues that have been chosen for some of this shows affect this area. Megadeth, in their prime, would've gotten at least 8,000 tickets sold, then you'll think about a large venue. But in 2005, even though Megadeth is one of my favorite bands of all-time, getting Megadeth to play in a 18,000 seat venue were you have to pay 10 dollars for parking, beers will cost you 6-8 dollars is just stupid. That is not economically real for the avarage puertorrican. There were other venues available that had less capacity and are cheaper. Maybe a ticket instead of 50 to 55 dollars would've been 35. Another issue, as Joseph identified it, is that no matter what, there has to be airfare paid for plus accomodations of crew, band, sometimes families (cause PR is an attractive vacation destination). That will risen the cost of the show, it will be reflected on the ticket and could affect the show attendance and the future concert selections.